Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my friend is asking me if he should get a del Sol.

Should I tell him yes? It's cool to be the only one at my school with a sol, but at the same time that seems a little selfish and maybe it would be cool if we had the same car. Kind of a dumb question but what do you guys think? Expand the family or no?

·
Registered
485 Posts
yes

yes then u guys can mod em together its more fun modding the same cars to one up the other person thats how my mustang got finished so fast lol 95 3.8 5spd (mine) vs 98 3.8 auto convertible I won

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
yeah. tell him to get one. sols are bad ass. and especially that moddin thing. i like bein the only one i know with one, but i kinda wish i had a friend who owned one too so we could work on each others cars.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
forget that...I'd rather be the only one in my circle of friends with a sol...why compete when you can have the only one? it's annoying when friends all have the same rides...bc everyone likes the same lips or wheels and so on and so forth, so the cars all look the same, with one exception...the color of the car :( kind of :g if you ask me :rolleyes

·
Registered
406 Posts
im glad i dont have to really compete with anyone here
around detroit. im lucky if i see one once a week, probably more like
once a few weeks or a month.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
lol same thing happened to me before, my friend matt was like im looking at a del sol, i was like sweet itll be mad fun, so he gets it and it had a lightly built B18C lol i was pissed

·
Registered
959 Posts
If he wants to drag and be fast then tell him not to get one cuz they're heavy as hell, but if he just likes it for looks then get one. Even if he were to get a different Honda they're going to be virtually identical mechanically so working on either one would be about the same. I doubt he's going to find another b16 so yall aren't going to be able to compare motors or have interchangeable engine parts.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright sounds good, he didn't say he was for sure going to get one but just that he likes mine and is going to look at some.

Lol and I only have an S, but the b18c1 is comming this summer so no worries. :D

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
yeah. 2500 pounds surely is heavy as fuck. whast the gvwr on a mustang? like 3800? i thought sols were pretty damn light. the roof makes it heavier but jesus christ it isnt a fatass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts