Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the chicks civic with 850 HP. and noticed she has no intercooler. i thought it was very very hard to run high boost with no intercooler. i read the article but didnt see any explanation...anyone know whats done?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Maybe a liquid/air intercooler hiding somewhere?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
theres no intercooler, I have that issue. The car only runs for maybe a minute at the most. I't doesn't need one. most full race cars either run a small one or none at all unless they have really high hp.

·
Registered
160 Posts
HBracer said:
most full race cars either run a small one or none at all unless they have really high hp.
I have never heard of that and the turboed race cars i've seen have large front mounts or liquid to air ones. I will check out the super street when i get a chance though. So u think 850hp isn't "really high hp" ??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i'm sayin that that car only runs for a minute at a time at the most and with as good a tuning race cars have it doesnt have heating problems.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
what chics civc? there is no civic fetaured in this months Super Street.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
itr206 said:
what chics civc? there is no civic fetaured in this months Super Street.
last month, angela proudfoot i do believe is her name

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
oh christ. i wouldnt do anything she has done , the car runs like shit.
but yes i have seen some full drag cars with no intercooler, Ed bergenholtz new Mazda doesnt either.

·
Registered
936 Posts
she's runnin a liquid to air intercooler like most pro guys do.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
are you sure thats the car in superstreet, i thought it was the white with maroon and orange civic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts