Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally broke down and got a digi cam last night. i took a pic of my lude from the front just to play, and noticed a discrepancy in the stock bumper cover:

check out the two red circles. see how the passenger side has two extra pieces extending towards the center, and the driver side just cuts off right where the turn signal and the oem fog light mount stop? is this normal on a 4g?

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah mine has that piece as well... i think its for the jdm fog light installation but im not sure. all 4g ludes have it as far as i know. before my bumper was repainted, it was more blackish inside of there so it didnt stand out as much... now it does.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the two pieces don't just snap off. i'd have to cut them. but i just wanted to see if they served a purpose before i cut them out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mike_sho said:
If your strong enough they do ;) .
haha... rather not go down that route. what if i rip a bit more than i'm s'posed to... custom front bumper :D.

i'm positive they're not for the oem fog lights. two reasons:
  1. the upper slit is where the turn signals are. the lower slit, is where you would mount the oem fog lights... directly below the turn signals where you see that indentation. the extra pieces i'm talking about are to the right of the turn signal, and to the right of the oem fog light mounts.
  2. if they are for oem fog lights... how come they only show up on the passenger side? :confused:[/list=1]

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey

Mine HAD those also but i cut them out with an ExactO knife so i could mount my Fog's there. It cut out really easy. Just make sure you have a sharp exactO.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hmmmm

those red circles are not where the JDM pr OEM fog lights sit they sit right below those clear lights if you look at the pic you will see a little drilled hole in the bumper, thats where the plastic is cut out for foglights.

hmmm not sure why your grill is different :(

·
Registered
712 Posts
maybe your car is salvaged?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 94vtirozguy
those red circles are not where the JDM pr OEM fog lights sit they sit right below those clear lights if you look at the pic you will see a little drilled hole in the bumper, thats where the plastic is cut out for foglights.
exactly my point... what the hell are those things?!? :confused:
Originally posted by s15240sx
maybe your car is salvaged?
can't be. i bought it brand spanking new from the dealer in 95. no accidents... yet... knock on wood. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
mines had that too! i have no idea what it is.. the bottom is for oem fogs for sure.. the top.. i have no idea...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i noticed a while back that my car has that too, but i dont really care because its hard to notice on a black car. on your car it sticks out. id cut it off if i were you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts