Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm looking into getting some rims for my ef hatch. I was looking for something along the lines of the watanabes, but the only 4x100 pattern they had didn't have a lip, which is what i was looking for. So I'm looking at getting the sportsmax 513 rims. 15x7 with 4x100 and 4x114.3 pattern. Red, very nice. But when I try to do the fitment on the website, it says it doesn't fit, does anyone know why? I'm lost as to why, and I really want these wheels as I really never see them on anything other than older nissans and toyotas.

Here's a link to the rims:
http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/SPORTMAX-513-RD_z.gif

Link to the site, scroll down to get to it:
SPORT MAX Wheels

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... I didn't think 7 inch width would be an issue, but I figured I'd have to use wheel spacers. Would that work out? It'd be awesome if they offered a 15x6.5 wheel, but sadly they don't.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i mean the only thing i could think of would have to be the offset on the wheel rubbing the inner workings of your fender being the prob. because you're right i'm running 17x7 with 215/40 and i have no issues at all, but i couldn't tell you the exact offset to save my life

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, yeah. Looking at the how much lip there is. I wouldn't have guessed the offset would be an issue. I figured it may not have been hubcentric, but I can take care of that with taking the center cap out. Hmmm... I'll get a set of wheel spacers and the wheels, then see why they'd say it doesn't fit, lol. It should fit, but if it doesn't, I'll send them back or sell them and buy another set.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmmm... I didn't think 7 inch width would be an issue, but I figured I'd have to use wheel spacers. Would that work out? It'd be awesome if they offered a 15x6.5 wheel, but sadly they don't.
I would agree the width and the size of the rim would be the factor that is why it doesn't fit. 6-6.5 with would be enough or you can use a wheel spacer and grind some of the tire well just to fit the 7 " wide rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts