Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

QUESTION ON STEERING WHEEL!!!!

855 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jasonh1234 
#1 ·
on handaaccessories.com, there is a wood grain steering wheel for 2001-02 accords...i want this steering wheel but i have a 2000 accord...someone who works there told me that it will not fit but i dunno y it shouldnt...honda hasnt changed the steering wheel drastically so it should fit, rite?

#2 ·
JrZyHuStLa said:
on handaaccessories.com, there is a wood grain steering wheel for 2001-02 accords...i want this steering wheel but i have a 2000 accord...someone who works there told me that it will not fit but i dunno y it shouldnt...honda hasnt changed the steering wheel drastically so it should fit, rite?
you should call your local honda parts dept and ask them. sometimes the honda dealer will not want to sell something that are model specific, even if it fits. this is because if in an accident the airbag does not deploy or soemthing then you can sue them.

IMO the wood grain is ugly anyways. black leather is better.

#3 ·
it will match the wood trim around my audio perfectly, rite?

#5 ·
check out sounddomain.com they have an enclosure that fits in the spare tire tub (u gotta take out the spare tire) and it fits 2 10's. made especially for 6 gen accords

#6 ·
Infamous425 said:
check out sounddomain.com they have an enclosure that fits in the spare tire tub (u gotta take out the spare tire) and it fits 2 10's. made especially for 6 gen accords

may I please have some of what you're smoking? how did this post come about?

#7 ·
illusion said:
may I please have some of what you're smoking? how did this post come about?
wha da hell is he talkin bout?? anyways, do u guys think itll fit?

#8 ·
Re: Re: QUESTION ON STEERING WHEEL!!!!

divinewisdom said:
you should call your local honda parts dept and ask them. sometimes the honda dealer will not want to sell something that are model specific, even if it fits. this is because if in an accident the airbag does not deploy or soemthing then you can sue them.

IMO the wood grain is ugly anyways. black leather is better.
i just called honda and told them that i have a 2000 and the wheel is for a 2001 and they said they will not do any custom modifications to get it to fit...that sucks!!

#9 ·
Re: Re: Re: QUESTION ON STEERING WHEEL!!!!

JrZyHuStLa said:
i just called honda and told them that i have a 2000 and the wheel is for a 2001 and they said they will not do any custom modifications to get it to fit...that sucks!!
yea the dealer will never almost do any custom work for anyone. they dont want to be liabel for anything that is not in factory spec.

#10 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: QUESTION ON STEERING WHEEL!!!!

divinewisdom said:
yea the dealer will never almost do any custom work for anyone. they dont want to be liabel for anything that is not in factory spec.
im jus gonna try to get it installed at honda somehow, ill tell em i have a 2001 or somethin and theyll try to install it...if not, how much do u think it would cost me to custom fit it from another shop or something, cuz i really want it.

#12 ·
jasonh1234 said:
It should fit no problem. You shouldn't have trouble doing it yourself either. Personally I'd save $ for an 03 Accord wheel.
thanks...the 03 steering wheels are already up on handaaccessories.com, and they're $10 cheaper then the wheels for 2001-02s. I dont like the way they look, and the wood trim around my audio wouldnt match either

#13 ·
JrZyHuStLa said:
thanks...the 03 steering wheels are already up on handaaccessories.com, and they're $10 cheaper then the wheels for 2001-02s. I dont like the way they look, and the wood trim around my audio wouldnt match either
Wooo thanks!
The wood trim would match. What're you talking about? The light wood wouldn't match, but the burlwood should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.