Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help....Im trying to decide if i want to buy another motor for my 98 prelude or buy another car. My options are
1:Buy a complete motor and trans h22a4 for 2900 (since i can only find one)
2:Buy a complete motor and trans h22a obd1 and convert my obd2 car (which then im pretty sure i will have to hot smog it since i live in cali)
3:Buy a eg with swap ek with swap another prelude or em1
4:Buy a block a head and a trans not put together and put it together myself

Im working with about 5g

Now 1 and 2 options i need to buy a steering wheel pass window motor...wiper motor a seat and harness and cat back exshuast. Im keepin the car no matter what i do but i wanna drive it again since i blew the old motor in july 09. ( sold the old motor)

I know in the long run its my choice with what i do with my car but i would just like some Thoughts on what you would do if you were where i was right now

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
buy another motor and drop it in there. since it's a lude all you gotta do is drop it in there. i'd rather just do work to my own car instead of buying another used car with unforeseen problems

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problems im coming across right now Is i cant find a complete h22a4 for less then 2900 and i know i should be able to find one cheaper then that. But if i go obd1 its about 800-1000 cheaper but the jumper and the ecu and all the changes so i dunno

· Registered
908 Posts
throw a new motor and trans in. im pretty sure that h motors online sells a motor and trans less then that. if not get just a motor and pick up a lsd trans from another place then u will get a better trans and a strong motor. maybe look for a type s motor and find a tranny elsewhere

Reactions: cardudelude

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
That it would be but a guy on honda tech has a motor for 2g's so...i would rather pay 2 other than like almost 4g's for a motor cuz i still need some random bullshit for the car
just don't rush into something. be patient and your car will turn out fine

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
or i could buy a turbo 2 rx-7....or maybe a 240 with a redtop swap....or maybe 75 super beetle with a 2200cc motor
any of those would be a good idea.

except the rx-7 unless it has a 350 swap.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Reactions: cardudelude
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.