Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question on this whole "level" system that's been created... please help... (OT)

ok, i was talking to an old friend the other day and we were talking about my crx. he told me (just like this, it kinda pissed me off), "man if i had known you were looking for a car i'da hooked you up with a 300z man. it's got a stage 5 turbo system and stage 3 suspension and brakes. plus it has nos."
ok now excluding his use of the word "nos" to describe what i later found out to be an NX nitous system, what exactly in the fuck is a level or stage 5 turbo system? i can't seem to figure it out and i couldn't figure it out for like 2 days after i heard this. then i'm talking to a kid about his car (we were stopped at the same gas station he came over to me) and he told me he had a level 3 turbo system and that he was going for an intercooler and more boost for a level 4 system. (???) so then he looks at me and says, so what level is your car at? not to be out done i simply told him i was at about level 2b-8kk23 and that i was looking to get the hell out of the gas station so i could get on that "sweet throttle of mine". he smiled and said, wow that sounds nice and walked back to his car.
so here's my question... When the FUCK did everything turn into a mixture of Gran Tourismo and EverQuest when modifying your cars? also does using the level system leave you open to a physical beating if said person can't take the strain of trying to figure out exactly what the fuck is on your car?
please answer this quick... i can't fucking understand anyone these days!!! thanks!!!

· Registered
194 Posts
lol, I guess it's all in where you live man... I never hear crap like that around here. It's pretty funny though...

· Registered
10,424 Posts
Its all in the company that makes the product such as revhard they do there turbo kits in stages

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 2c
Stage 3

With stage 1 being street “7 PSI” use and stage 3 being full race “15 PSI and up”

Other than that the whole level thing is jest people being fools

· Registered
1,428 Posts
levels came from fast and the furious when stupid ricers think that they are saying something that makes sense when it really doesnt and they get ripped off at shops because they dont know what in the hell they are talking about.........

· Banned
1,529 Posts
someone has been playing too much Gran Turismo 3...

"Stage 4 Turbo"

of course... I bet they didn't spend 85k on theirs ;)

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jessecrx said:
I have my "HP Maxed" out as well as my Experience Levels. I still have to find a few more items to complete my quest.... :D

Oh, you are talkin about cars!?? My bad...I thought you were talkin Final Fantasy ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!
LOL!!!!
ohhh heh
hehehe
hheehhehee...
sorry... EverQuest flashback. imagine doing a quest to find the blow off valve for your "ultimate" turbo system. Meanwhile your buddy is looking for his pair of epic "toda" Vtec killer camshafts...
hehehehe... this is too much fun.. ahahahaa

· Registered
71 Posts
I have a friend who is really into 300z's and he showed me sites on levels. I am pretty sure that just 300z's use levels but not positive. Certain performance companys relate to levels to desrice the "Level" of whats actually done to the car. Don't quote me on this but here it goes, for example level 1 is like intake exhaust and a chip, level 2 is level 1 + like bigger turbos and bigger injectors, level 3 is level2+ some other bullshit. I don't know about levels for specific parts like u stated ( turbo and suspension) but thats kind of the idea i guese...peace

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from what i gather, i went to the 1/4 track today just to see a friend run his NOVA, this whole "stage/level" thing is for people who really don't know shit about what they're talking about or what they have on their vehicles.
like this one guy with a twinturbo 3kgt was there. i'm asking him about his car and all he could really tell me was, "it's got a stage 3 turbo and exhaust with a chip."
i was like... wow, so you really don't know shit about your car then do you?
and he says, "it's fast..."
so i walked away. there were a few other people who were driving eclipse's and a supra there. the turbo people mostly knew their shit. like they'd tell you i have stage 3 this and that means i have this this and this with this as an extra. but with most of them you say, really a blow off valve. which one? and look at their motor. they go... umm... uhh... and point to their wastegate. dumbasses.
most of the guys running all motor seem to know their stuff... but then you get the guys who run "Naaawwwws", they're just funny to watch. i actually watched a guy change from a 50 shot pill to a 75 shot pill just so he could get a higher mph. he blew his motor... i ask him what went wrong later on... "uhh... well my stage4 clutch caught too soon and so i hit the stage 8 nitrous kit... " i walked away after i heard about the kit.
it's just aggrivating. sorry... had to vent.

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
cydelic said:

i wonder if they see power meter's and health status in their rear-views ? :rolleyes:
Muahahahhahahah........LMAOROTF:laff: :laff: :laff:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.