Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a question regarding the imporation of a Australlian market Honda integra Type-R (Acura RSX). I've done research and I like the australlian market model better then the american (it's also alot less $$$). Is it possible for me to buy one there and have it shipped to the US?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Al



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
AlSi said:
Hi, I had a question regarding the imporation of a Australlian market Honda integra Type-R (Acura RSX). I've done research and I like the australlian market model better then the american (it's also alot less $$$). Is it possible for me to buy one there and have it shipped to the US?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Al



Dude please do not double post, you will get responses in one forum...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

:eek: Sorry, I wasn't sure which forum to put it in. You can delete the ones you think are in the wrong place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well evolutionimports has JDM R's
http://www.evolutionimports.net/models/index.php?model=integra&section=pricing
Includes a 1 year parts and labor warranty, shipping to the US, all conversion costs, shipping duties, and taxes.
LHD US Legal
$28,900
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps: $279.00

I haven't been able to get a good quote on a full Type S conversion to R so I'm still comparing my options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,883 Posts
AlSi said:
well evolutionimports has JDM R's
http://www.evolutionimports.net/models/index.php?model=integra&section=pricing
Includes a 1 year parts and labor warranty, shipping to the US, all conversion costs, shipping duties, and taxes.
LHD US Legal
$28,900
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps: $279.00

I haven't been able to get a good quote on a full Type S conversion to R so I'm still comparing my options.
dont believe everything you see or hear.
there are alot more to importing a car than just whatver eveolutionimports is trying to get you to believe. type in evolution imports on yahoo, youll see some of the rip offs they have done.
its funny how their site
1)doesnt have a real address
2) why dont have have any details on the process of getting the car.....
3) their lack of info is just shaddy

check out www.motorex.net , they are the real deal.
you have to also have to realize that each state has different regulations all so. there is a reason why ei moved to FL from CA.

secondly....why would anyone want a aussie type r?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As i understand it a JDM teg R would be less $ to convert then a skyline because it already meets the US emission standards. Ive been corrected about the Aus R and it's not in the picture anymore. Turns out it's a JDM R suspension
but not the JDM powertrain
. What else is needed to import a car besides shipping and fees associated with transferring ownership?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
AlSi said:
As i understand it a JDM teg R would be less $ to convert then a skyline because it already meets the US emission standards. Ive been corrected about the Aus R and it's not in the picture anymore. Turns out it's a JDM R suspension
but not the JDM powertrain
. What else is needed to import a car besides shipping and fees associated with transferring ownership?
everywhere is different, you need to talk to the city, county, state, etc... and see what they require...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
the Australian spec Type R DC5 is hardly an R at all. do not bother. its not much more than the American RSX-S.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top