Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a civic coupe 96 dx model. automatic. i dont have first gear. i have P R N D4 D3 2.... how come i dont have 1? by the way... i know my own is a civic EK... is there an emblem for this? and another thing, my car is slammed like crazy. i know in integras you can change the direction of which your headlights are beaming at. so you dont suffer range loss because your car is dropped... is there a way to adjust where my bulbs are hitting so i can see farther... i know its not my bulbs

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
thedirty said:
i have a civic coupe 96 dx model. automatic. i dont have first gear. i have P R N D4 D3 2.... how come i dont have 1? by the way... i know my own is a civic EK... is there an emblem for this? and another thing, my car is slammed like crazy. i know in integras you can change the direction of which your headlights are beaming at. so you dont suffer range loss because your car is dropped... is there a way to adjust where my bulbs are hitting so i can see farther... i know its not my bulbs

you can shift into one, but the auto does drive through first when you are in d3 or d4 only

its really not a civic EK

look on your headlights , and you should see bolts holding it. just loosen them and adjust the housing to m=point the direction you want them

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
You have adjustment screws on your headlights that aims your headlights. It should be in an opening on the top (usually) of your headlight housing. These screws are turned and the headlight beam is moved. I believe there is two per headlight one is up and down the other is left and right movements.

Your D4 gear is normal overdrive, 1-4th gears. An auto only has 4 gears. Because your first gear is so short, they don't want you driving full time in first gear, besides you wouldn't have any power in first gear because the ratio is so short with the automatics. 2 and D3 gears are your lower driving gears which are generally used when towing (totally not recommended) and for steep driving and such where you need control of when your auto stops shifting. If you're driving in D3 it will go no higher than 3rd gear, etc etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts