Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend has a Honda Civic LX 2003 and he wants 2 get a cold air intake and he wants Greedy ( spelling ) but i was told and i checked Greedy's website and they dont make cold air intakes for Civic LX. A friend of mine told me he should go with Injen or AEM but my friend also has Thrust ( spelling ) on his mind, he said ither Greedy ( spelling ) or Thrust and well i have no idea what he can get.

Whats the best Cold Air Intake you can get for a Honda Civic LX 2003 ??

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've never heard of Thrust and as far as I know Greddy doesn't make NA intakes.

"Best" really isn't a good word to use here, as all intakes are different and each have their pros and cons.

Injen and AEM make good intakes, but I personally like fake j's racing intakes as the throttle response tends to be greater with those. The larger portion of the J's intake pipe acts as a divergent chamber, reducing the velocity of air (because the slower the air is, the closer together the molecules are) as well as reducing the vacuum effect through the throttle plate.

However, the stock air box on that car is a well designed unit, and a good air filter will be more than good enough for a stock engine. In my opinion money would be better spent on other performance mods before an intake. I'd pay more attention to headwork and header/exhaust before an intake.

Best bang for your buck: eBay short ram intake with a K&N cone filter. When you buy Injen/AEM your money is mostly going towards the name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.