Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a raid 0 setup for performance but my mobo dont support it. I will have to buy a controller card in order to set it up. The controller card that I saw in newegg.com are all sata1/sata150 card except the pci-x slot one. The hard drive that I been looking at are sata2. They do have sata1 hard drive but they are more expensive. The sata1 drive are about $60 for a 160GB hard drive and the sata2 drives are $42 for a 80GB hard drive. I dont really need a pair of 160GB hard drive and dont want to spend that much.

Also do anyone know where I can get a decent but good controller card to do a raid 0 setup? I found this one in newegg.com.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815104219

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the drive is $60, that is $12 difference, if you get two of them it will be $24 difference. I am trying to spend the less amount of money. A pair of 80GB is more then enough. I will be setting up as RAID 0 so I will get a total of about 160GB for a main drive. I also have a 250GB backup drive.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IISaiNtII said:
why not go easy on yourself and just get a single sataII 250/250 gb drive? it will cost around the same amount as getting 2 smaller drives plus the raid controller.

I am not sure what you are saying buy asking me to get a single sata2 drive instead of 2 smaller drive. If I do that I cant do a raid setup.

The reason why I want to do a raid 0 setup is because I want performance. I need a raid controller card because my mobo dont have raid built in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.