Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Plan on turboing my GSR and is all this neccesary i only plan on running 8psi tops, Do i really need a:

Turbo Timer,VAFC,And the Apexi Boost Controller.

IS any of these a FMU ?
( As electronics goes ) ?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
you dont NEED a turbo timer, you dont NEED an Apex'i boost controller, you can get a greddy profec b, or a blitz SBC, or whatever it is... it doesnt HAVE To be apex'i... the V-AFC would be nice to tune so you can get decent a/f ratio... also, if i were in your position, just to be on the safe side with 8psi, getting a thicker headgasket would lower the compression a little...

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
nah, none of what you listed is an fmu, this is what one looks like:

a turbo timer, afc, and b.c. would be very beneficial, but are not 100% neccessary. btw, go with a manual boost controller over an electronic, if you decide to get one.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
civperc said:
nah, none of what you listed is an fmu, this is what one looks like:

a turbo timer, afc, and b.c. would be very beneficial, but are not 100% neccessary. btw, go with a manual boost controller over an electronic, if you decide to get one.
you know, the info you give without backup could be very harmful to people... what if he got an internal wastegate with the manual boost controller? he'd have boost spikes up the ass and a nice hole in his block... electronic boost controllers have MUCH less boost spike and are better for hondas with internal wastegates IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts