Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I have a question. My car is a 92 Civic hybrid hatch that has camber correction kit on the front only. I have H&R springs and some koni adjustables all around. Ever since I bought the car the steering has been funny along with the suspension.

I had some Teins before and just thought that maybe it was the fact that they were so harsh and built for track only. City roads suck! My car drives great for about two weeks after I take it to get an alignment...then we are back to BAM BOOOOM hard hitting suspension and steering that is off.

I hate driving the car now! I have brand new tires and new outer tie rods.

Any ideas? I think it has to be something with what ever is tightened up during alignments. Its so bad right now that its scary to drive sometimes and I cant keep taking the car for an alignment! Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Softening up that suspension is a good first step. Even on stock suspension, a gian pothole can throw the alignment off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know...when I had the Teins on my car it was 20 way adjustable...the suspension is soft...its gotta be something else. I am wondering if I should just remove the camber kit

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
open your hood up and look at your mounts.....the triangler dome where the front strut bar connects. look to see if there are any dents on it...if so your front camber kit is hitting your suspension mounts and thats causing the loud booms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...I am trying to picture what it is your saying...

I am going to take a look tomorrow. If thats what it is, what do I do? The strange thing is...is that the camber doesnt change or get bad...after I get the alignment the tread wears down the way it should...but the suspension just seems to go real soft...and when I drive the car there is allot of play in the steering wheel before I get a response from the tires...feel me?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i would probably have the steering system checked if you're concerned by the loose steering. it could be the tie rod ends loose, rack mount bushings, or the gear box needs adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed the tie rod ends so I know thats not it...but I will check the rest of that out. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts