Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had two suspension set ups, Ground Control sleeves and Skunk2 lowering springs. I had the ground controls at roughly a 2.5" front, 2.5" rear. The funny thing is, in the rear it looks all lopsided because the drivers side rear will be as low as you want it to be. But the passenger side rear won't be as low as the drivers side rear. So as a result I bought Skunk2 Lowering springs, 2.5" front, 2.25" rear and IT STILL DOES IT. The passenger side rear will NOT go lower than 1.5-1.8" it seems no matter how low I adjusted my coilovers. I want to know why because it's really starting to piss me off seeing my car lopsided all in the rear like that. Is it just something with these EF's where the passenger side rear will only go down so low? Is there any way to fix it?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
bumpstops...oh and you were supposed to have the car corner weighted w/ the coilovers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean corner weighted?

Only one part of the rear does, no other sides of the car do. I've changed the struts twice to no avail. I had to cut the bump stops on my old EJ1, but when I was taking my stock strut assembly apart on my EF there were no bump stops present.. :confused

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
do a google search on cornerweighting. it's the proper way to set coilover suspension.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I dont have coilovers anymore, I have just lowering springs now and I'm still running into the same problem

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
did you cut the bumpstops? for 2.5" that's a lot of drop w/ stock bump stops

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there were no bumpstops to cut dude, like I said. When I took the factory strut apart on my 90 hatch I saw no bumpstops, but on my 95 ex coupe I had bumpstops and I had to cut those half way for the Teins.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
are you on OEM struts? if so, my guess is that they're blown to hell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts