Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AV6 Sedan currently has the stock 15" rims with the stock 205/65/15 Michelins. But they have 42,000+ miles and it will be time to buy new tires in the next couple months. And while I have been very happy with the Michelins that came on the car, I'm not very happy about shelling out $140+ a tire for them.

Question 1: At the stock size (205/65/15), what would you recommend? I'm looking for a tire that has a good looking tread pattern, has good wet traction, and can give me 20-25K miles. Snow is not a concern here in Houston, but rain is. I'm not a racer, so ultimate dry traction is not a concern either.

Question 2: How would 205/60/15's look on the sotck rims? Would too much wheel well show? Will it affect my speedometer reading a lot? Reason I ask is there are some really good tires in this size but not in the 205/65/15 size.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, backviet. Do you have any pics of what the 215/55R15's look like on the OEM 15" wheels? Is this the biggest size that will fit the OEM 15" wheels?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.