Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm about to sell a 89 civic DX hatch.i just put a D16Z6 in it. but, i don't feel like changeing the underdash harness and the engine harness. i was woundering if i could just put the duil point manfoild on it would it run rite or what problems would i run in to? thanks

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
it should run right as long as all sensors are accounted for

shit I was able to run a z6 using an obd2 wiring harness and ecu. just had to account for the sensors that were missing and fake the ecu to thinking they were there. I got better gas mileage from that engine than any other engine I swapped into the car

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it should run right as long as all sensors are accounted for

shit I was able to run a z6 using an obd2 wiring harness and ecu. just had to account for the sensors that were missing and fake the ecu to thinking they were there. I got better gas mileage from that engine than any other engine I swapped into the car
k but i got this thing running but it sounds like its out of time or something. cause everytime i go to pull out in 1st i can't hardly give it any gas or it will die, but if i give a little at a time them it will start to go but hardly at all.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
k but i got this thing running but it sounds like its out of time or something. cause everytime i go to pull out in 1st i can't hardly give it any gas or it will die, but if i give a little at a time them it will start to go but hardly at all.
um.. also forgot that you would need an ecu for vtec. since the one you have is for nonvtec. you would also have to wire it in.

it would probably be best if you just swap the harness and run the obd1 ecu. yeah it will be a pain at first but better when you try to sell it

· Registered
14 Posts
d15 to d16y7 obd 0

:bash
ok i'm about to sell a 89 civic DX hatch.i just put a D16Z6 in it. but, i don't feel like changeing the underdash harness and the engine harness. i was woundering if i could just put the duil point manfoild on it would it run rite or what problems would i run in to? thanks
i ust finish swaping in a d16y7 and used allthe dual point f.i..u just have to use everything.there is a coolant sensor cancelled out on the d16 i had to have that plug threded so it can fit the coolant sensor on it .you also have to cut the driver side timing cover so the old motor mount could fit.other than that its just to easy enogh for one person to do it (eventhough u shouldnt-for safety reasons.:bash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.