Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be changing my oil this weekend for the first time since I've had the car (I've only had it about 3 weeks so don't bash). It's got roughly 142k miles on it, and I'm not sure of what type of oil is in it currently.

My question is what oil do you guys recommend? I was thinking 10w-40 synthetic?

·
Registered
236 Posts
5w 30 is reccomended oil type. ive just used nonsynthetic and mine works great for me..no problems. in your manual it will tell you all the types of fluid to use on your car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sponginpunk said:
5w 30 is reccomended oil type. ive just used nonsynthetic and mine works great for me..no problems. in your manual it will tell you all the types of fluid to use on your car.
don't have one ;)

I'd rather go with 10w 30 over 5w 30, since it has so many miles on it. Appreciate the suggestions guys...

·
Registered
236 Posts
no owners manual for the car?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sponginpunk said:
no owners manual for the car?

nah I bought it from a "buy here pay here" dealer.

Another question, I'll be changing my tranny fluid and maybe my plugs as well tomorrow along with the oil change. Which tranny fluid do you recommend or does it really matter?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
they should have the recommended oil type on the cap? unless you have an aftermarket oil cap :confused

10w30 NONsynthetic should be sufficient for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UltraMagneticAL said:
they should have the recommended oil type on the cap? unless you have an aftermarket oil cap :confused

10w30 NONsynthetic should be sufficient for a daily driven car.

I just wanted to know which to use, since the car has 142k mi on it and I don't know how well the previous owner kept up on maintenance...I got 10w30 so it's all good :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts