Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine completely bashed my talks of doing minor engine tuning and told to simply get a set of new rims. chrome rims. I also want to buy a new amp and enclosure for my two JL 10" subs. My question is what do you guys think I should do first? RIMS OR SOUND?

thanx :)

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
The question you need to ask yourself is whats more important to you, flashy rims or a good sound system? Anybody can tell you one way or the other. I started out with a system first. Some start with engine mods first. Some start with rims first. Its all personal preference.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
this is a performance forum. stay away from the chrome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
do what ever u want!
i did the sound system first, but dosn't catch realy any attention unless ur pumping it, and trust me ur gona get sick of loud bass (heheheh fixed it) and ur ears ringing
rims... if u pic a nice pair u will stand out and look good
performance...... its always fun kicking butt, but it cost money making our cars fast, our cars were never meant to have tons of HP so it takes some good coin to do it right

·
Registered
158 Posts
"I do what I want"

I agree with Ultra, forget chrome rims, well don't forget but avoid. Don't get me wrong, I love my accord but its not worth chrome and I personally find it humorous when people put chrome rims on cars such as the accord. Some pull it off fine but hey its all opinion.

Do what you want first, I've personally been doing some minor performance mods, now I'm moving onto some cosmetic stuff while saving for a turbo setup. Sound isn't a huge deal to me personally, if i get to it, i get to it....

GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the guidance guys. And Ultra...i was actually thinking the same thing as you. Chrome really belongs on caddies and suv's. IMO. And i've also begun to think about that bass rattling my ears. I already got the two JL for a present and I really want to hear what they sound like. I'll prolly end up going for some nice rims. NO CHROME though!!! :D
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
NoSkillz said:
do what ever u want!
i did the sound system first, but dosn't catch realy any attention unless ur pumping it, and trust me ur gona get sick of loud base and ur ears ringing
rims... if u pic a nice pair u will stand out and look good
performance...... its always fun kicking butt, but it cost money making our cars fast, our cars were never meant to have tons of HP so it takes some good coin to do it right
spelled bass wrong :D a good quality sound system will be enjoyable and never tiring. heres what I would do suspension, engine, body, ICE. in that order

·
Registered
247 Posts
ThirdLane said:
spelled bass wrong :D a good quality sound system will be enjoyable and never tiring. heres what I would do suspension, engine, body, ICE. in that order
lol ya im a dumbass, but actuly that order u choose is pretty good... and im sure when u say good quality sound system you don't mean subs so loud that every mirror in your car is vibrating so much that u can't see anything

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
NoSkillz said:
lol ya im a dumbass, but actuly that order u choose is pretty good... and im sure when u say good quality sound system you don't mean subs so loud that every mirror in your car is vibrating so much that u can't see anything
it can if you turn the knob up but i just have the volume up enough for to feel the bass a little bit and to hear the clearity of the bass

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
ThirdLane said:
heres what I would do DRIVER, DRIVER, DRIVER, suspension, engine, body, ICE. in that order

fixed

·
Registered
72 Posts
A sound system is for you, rims are for everyone else. when your cruisen in you car rims dont benefit you, although nice looking, useless unless you got them because you race and rims can help. IF DONE RIGHT. I could be riden in a pinto, if you sounds are killa, I'm happy.

I'm glad you realize how crome looks on hondas,its like putting a silk hat on a pig. :ninja

·
Registered
158 Posts
maybe its the irish/german in me

Sorry to throw in my two cents again, but i dunno, i love sound, believe me i love sound but i utilize it in my home more then in my car, my buddy had a set of JL Audios, W3's i belive, and they were nasty, wish i had got them myself. However, performance is performance, do what you want, rims don't do all too much for you unless you're into hard cornering and what not it all depends on personal preference. I may have stated before but my own personal plans are to do performance and then something along the lines of audio/video. I'm doing the engine swap and a turbo of something that will support it very nicely for short money. AGAIN, its all preference, I'd like to make my car last as long as possible, and my old motor will be going into my old car with 230K miles on it :) Gotta love honda. For you I would do the audio though, you already got the most expensive part(and a nice set at that) again good luck with your decision and i apoligize for babbling

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.