Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 96 spec type r motor that im currently rebuilding. im starting to think ahead on what harness and computer to run in it. first quick question is: is the motor obd1 or 2. i thought it was one, but found a lot of people saying it was two.

is there any difference between the gsr harness and type r's harness? i know if it was obd1 they both would not come with CKF sensors, pretty sure that was introduced when obd2 came out. but other than that.

one last thing for a computer is there any differnce between a type r's computer to a gsr? i have a p72 which according to people online is used in obd1 and 2 gsr's. so if thats the case im good. but will my rev limiter be reduced or the vtec crossover point be different.

if the type r computer is different will the gsr harness still plug n play or would i need a conversion harness. thanks

oh and this would be going into a obd1 integra

· Registered
8,144 Posts
96+ is OBDII. Yes a Type R computer is different from a GS-R's - it's a completely different motor.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i figured they were the same harness just wanted to make sure. so if i did a obd2 gsr harness and a p73 it should just plug and play?

also is the obd2 gsr distributor the same as the type r i would imagine it would be identical thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.