Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have custom piping on my '94 EG to fit the downpipe that came with my LS swap.
So im looking for a more quite, deeper, less 'ricey' sound that what im getting from my magnaflow muffler, without having to buy the entire system.
Any suggestions on what i should consider?
I hear good things about Greddy Evo and Greddy SP, as well as APEXi Word Sport...but i think those come in full system packages. So any advice would be excellent :)

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Chinese Acrobat said:
I guess with quiet exhaust as the new fad.
X2

·
Registered
8 Posts
nah, with internet giving information so fast; I think people are just becoming more educated. A three inch exhaust does not add more performance, just more noise. Noise only means unwanted attention from local authorities and shop/parking owners telling Get-ToGethers to leave because it's a pain in the arse... Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Its a 3 part system for quiet exhausts. Cat resonator and muffler.

Do research on who uses what.

What kind of materials, the thickness of the walls, the baffling material used(if any) etc. Call these people if your serious, write everything down. E-mail them too. 1 hour of your time e-mailing and calling people may be the best thing you ever do for choosing an exhaust system.

I would look for a good resonator that uses a perforated straight through core with steel wool packed in to absorb more vibrations. Same goes with the muffler, some kind of wadding should be in there to absorb more noise. Also the thickness of the pipe will help contain the noise until it exits teh mufflers tip. While this makes for more weight its also much quieter, not only for yourself but everyone else.

Vibrant makes an "ultra quiet resonator" and Apexi's WS2 muffler is also extremely quiet, they would probably be my choice. 2.25 inch piping is MORE than enough.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
why are we posting in a almost three year old thread
lol, I don't know, ask the poster before me for grave digging this antiquated thread :) I was just responding to threads in the "new post" area.

oops,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nicely written Mortsaccord. Why are we on an old thread? Probably because I read fast and trust that moderators would send an old thread to the archives.
Sorry guys, i'll make sure I start looking at the dates. New to this site, i'll be more careful next time. Much love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts