Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Its a 3 part system for quiet exhausts. Cat resonator and muffler.

Do research on who uses what.

What kind of materials, the thickness of the walls, the baffling material used(if any) etc. Call these people if your serious, write everything down. E-mail them too. 1 hour of your time e-mailing and calling people may be the best thing you ever do for choosing an exhaust system.

I would look for a good resonator that uses a perforated straight through core with steel wool packed in to absorb more vibrations. Same goes with the muffler, some kind of wadding should be in there to absorb more noise. Also the thickness of the pipe will help contain the noise until it exits teh mufflers tip. While this makes for more weight its also much quieter, not only for yourself but everyone else.

Vibrant makes an "ultra quiet resonator" and Apexi's WS2 muffler is also extremely quiet, they would probably be my choice. 2.25 inch piping is MORE than enough.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
why are we posting in a almost three year old thread
lol, I don't know, ask the poster before me for grave digging this antiquated thread :) I was just responding to threads in the "new post" area.

oops,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.