Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

I am going to be picking up my "new" 92' Hatch Si..

I'd like to start modding it a little, however, I bought this car as a commuter car and do not want to ruin the nice rice qualities of the car.. I like a nice quiet car after being in my 2000 Trans Am all the time.. :)

Can anyone reccomend a nice high-flow exhaust without a lot of bumblebee sound?

I'd like to throw a header and an intake on the car, but there is absolutly no point if I can't get the extra air coming in to go out quietly..:)

Thanks alot..

Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
the apexi something another is recommended on here alot. kommon sense i think runs one and he will tell ya right from wrong. it is the one i am going with. . what size tubing you goin with?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yup apex'i WS and the RSR exmag exhaust are definately the way to go

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't know how loud either of those exhaust systems are, but I have an Apex-i N1 and it seems like the loudest thing on earth, other than the Greddy Evo II, but I'm in the same boat as you and I just ordered the Apex-i World Sport Noir for $430.00 and it was recommended to me for being one of the quieter of the many exhausts out there, but still has that high flow that we all want. :D

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
i did have a video of it but not anymore - it was a nicely pitched exhaust though... over 4300 all I heard was the intake. It sounded nasty as hell to say the least.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like these are the exhausts I need to look for..

Maybe when I have decided to drop a little $$ into exhaust I'll pick one up..

Anyone have any reccomendations on letting an exhaust shop fab up an exahust and just running a high-flow quiet chamber or muffler on the back?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I would do a full cat back exhaust

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
im still trying to find that video for you man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.