Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the highest octane unleaded race gas i can get? 110 octane??
Is there that much of a difference between 110 and c16? Can i still do my race gas tune (25psi) on 110 as oppsed to c16?

Im finally getting my car tuned for high boost and see what she does. Jus need some opinions on fuel.
Thanx in advance guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
U tuned on some 111 leaded. C16 is 116 octane I believe.
You could get some VP import leaded which is 120+ octane.
But heck 25psi 110 should be more than enough. I went 26psi 604whp 438tq on 111 leaded. I mean with 10 gal of race fuel your burn up your wideband 02 right away. I used 5 gal at the dyno and for the way home. And 5 more gallons at the track and my 02 was junk. That's the only downfall of leaded fuel.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So then im definitely going to go with an unleaded fuel. I dont want to be changing O2 sensors all the time. It looks like my 25 psi will be ok with 110 octane/.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tune your car to what you plan to use most often. and correction C16 is actually 117 octane.

IF you plan to run C16 or VP Import, do the tuning on that only IF you are in a competitive position, meaning you are going for MAX Power to win an event. But for the daily driver who occasionally want to take it to the track, you can make good power with Unleaded 110. Just not worth it to run C16 at only several times a year when you can get good ETs with a good tune on 110.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
exospeedracing said:
Tune your car to what you plan to use most often. and correction C16 is actually 117 octane.

IF you plan to run C16 or VP Import, do the tuning on that only IF you are in a competitive position, meaning you are going for MAX Power to win an event. But for the daily driver who occasionally want to take it to the track, you can make good power with Unleaded 110. Just not worth it to run C16 at only several times a year when you can get good ETs with a good tune on 110.
Im actually doing my high boost/race gas tuning on a separate hondata chip. Ill probably be using the c16 tune most of the time anyway cuz my accord is not my daily driver anymore. The only time i drive it is to the track or the occasional weekend meets where i show her off. I just dont want to be confined to one tune tho.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You don't need to have 2 different chips. When the guy does it just have him tuned it upwards for the race gas. Thats what the guy did for my tune. No need for 2 different calibrations

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
95accordlx said:
Im actually doing my high boost/race gas tuning on a separate hondata chip. Ill probably be using the c16 tune most of the time anyway cuz my accord is not my daily driver anymore. The only time i drive it is to the track or the occasional weekend meets where i show her off. I just dont want to be confined to one tune tho.
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=25_41&products_id=80

change bins back and fourth by just grounding a lead wire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.