Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this is my first post here...
n e way..disclaimer: i do not condone support or promote any form of street racing.

sooo, i was on my way to austin lat sat., i had gotten my vafcII put it, not tuned yet, my boy left to austin to lay some tracks down at this studio and then hit some bonfire party wit some college girls etc etc...ne way, im bookin down 35 s, first time since its been broken in, feelin good. lo and behold once i get past austin city limit an eclips gsx gets on the highway, i saw it comin from teh axis on ...im thinkin, nah playa, watch him flex or somethin...
and sure enough he did....the full account as follows
me-my windows were up and i was in fourth waitin on him...
him-pulled up next to me after slowly and inconspicuously catchin up...as if on the prowel or some shit(yea fukin rite)

us-we just some how end up takin off in fourth....i swear to GAWD somethin was wrong wit my car cus i heard i really loud fuked up soundin metal winding noise...well, sure enough, i pulled at the top of fourth..
2nd time he was on my driver side and i put my window downs some....we took off in 3rd...my third was soooo fujkin sic, i made that dood look like he was doin reverse-maybe im exggaratin, i dont know, but i pulled hard all the way thru..
3rd time after talkin while drivin--we were doin like 30mph , cars passin us by and shit...we took off in sec(i think) and i pulled off the hardest on that one, his turbo was sooo nasty soundin, it sounds like supra spoolin , it was black, wit a massive exhasut and pipin , massive intercooler some black rims, all this i noted after we raced, while drivin...we spoke some more while drivin down 35 thru the top of austin, he aske me if i had nos.....that made my day...haah, i said "all motor baby" he was bugged over that, i asked howmany lbs he was pushin, and he said 5! but i dont believe that cus the turbo was so nasty and loud, i was mad intimidated.

discuss.......

Reactions: badinfluence

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
congrats on the plulling harder than him on the highway.
however there is no way he was running only 5psi. they run 13psi STOCK, and most of the time when mods are added (bigger turbo, injectors, front mount intercooler, air filter, exhaust, etc) 17-20psi is quite normal.

the loud noise you heard coming from his car was most likely and external dump.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Good kill, but that's an odd one. I personally know of 2 GS-X and one GS-T still with stock snails runnning high 12s on pump gas(GS-T traps about 5mph faster at 108, but suffers out of the hole). Your "all motor" lude is running that quick? Seeing as most turbo ludes only eek off lows 14s high 13s most not even breaking 100mph trap, I've seen a built from the ground up h22a barely pull 14.6s, so that would be pretty impressive. The stock snail is good for about 20psi on pump gas on the 4g63 dsms. One of those GS-Xs I know has run a [email protected] with nothing more than turbo back, intake, manual boost controller, fmic, S-AFC and 110 octane(he runs 12.9x with 91 octane). I've met up with a turbo h22 before and annihilated him, but I've had my ass thoroughly beat by a GS-X with a 20G, and I mean whipped, so I think you got lucky and met up with one of the many not running in their prime, or someone who couldn't drive for crap.

I must admit, your post was rather difficult to read through too.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
congrats on the plulling harder than him on the highway.
however there is no way he was running only 5psi. they run 13psi STOCK, and most of the time when mods are added (bigger turbo, injectors, front mount intercooler, air filter, exhaust, etc) 17-20psi is quite normal.

the loud noise you heard coming from his car was most likely and external dump.
im already sure bout the boost, and thax for tellin me bout the external dump, it makes sense.

:tu

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
illusion said:
Good kill, but that's an odd one. I personally know of 2 GS-X and one GS-T still with stock snails runnning high 12s on pump gas(GS-T traps about 5mph faster at 108, but suffers out of the hole). Your "all motor" lude is running that quick? Seeing as most turbo ludes only eek off lows 14s high 13s most not even breaking 100mph trap, I've seen a built from the ground up h22a barely pull 14.6s, so that would be pretty impressive. The stock snail is good for about 20psi on pump gas on the 4g63 dsms. One of those GS-Xs I know has run a [email protected] with nothing more than turbo back, intake, manual boost controller, fmic, S-AFC and 110 octane(he runs 12.9x with 91 octane). I've met up with a turbo h22 before and annihilated him, but I've had my ass thoroughly beat by a GS-X with a 20G, and I mean whipped, so I think you got lucky and met up with one of the many not running in their prime, or someone who couldn't drive for crap.

I must admit, your post was rather difficult to read through too.
sorry bout the post, yea, the guy told me 5lbs, and dat didnt sound rite to me either, i think it wasnt running in its prime either, but shit, he was stilll surprised he was askin if i had nos, so appareently he still pullin on fools. my setup now should have me at 14-9 but my drvin at the track sucs, im not used to this set up yet, but i got some poitners from my prelude betherens

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crdcz03 said:
did you baby the prelude? if not i hope nothing breaks! :eek
....it was from a roll

·
Registered
523 Posts
illusion said:
Seeing as most turbo ludes only eek off lows 14s high 13s most not even breaking 100mph trap, I've seen a built from the ground up h22a barely pull 14.6s, so that would be pretty impressive.
who do you know...

i ran a 14.3 with my car... i/h/e/tp/p/tuned vafc II, 2001 prelude 5 spd.

do your friends just start in second gear or something?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
ludermark said:
who do you know...

i ran a 14.3 with my car... i/h/e/tp/p/tuned vafc II, 2001 prelude 5 spd.

do your friends just start in second gear or something?
on street tires? What track? Got a slip? That's pretty impressive for a lude, without spray or boost. I've seen several 5g ludes at sac and infineon and the only one's I've seen even touch 14s either had every bolt on imaginable and drag radials even then it'd only be high 14s, or they were boosted or spraying to touch low 14s high 13s.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crdcz03 said:
wtf that means nothing

did you shift at 7k like you did at the track :rolleyes
no, i wen a bit higher--and it makes a difference to me cus my dash wont jump out if i go from a roll

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
tienlude said:
no, i wen a bit higher--and it makes a difference to me cus my dash wont jump out if i go from a roll
your dash shouldnt be jumping at any time... mostly b/c its not alive

·
Registered
5 Posts
no offense to the poster but I have owned a 1g GSX and with a good driver they pull 14.9 stock. iLLeFFeKt CiViC is right about the psi, they run about 12 psi stock on a 14b turbo. Do you have any idea what year the eclipse was? I really doubt that your prelude could have taken him so easily but, if it really did happen i believe something was wrong with the car. I have been working on DSM's for over a year and half, and they respond quite well to mods. Unfortunately DSM's arent as reliable as hondas and I spun a rod bearing. For those of you who don't know what a DSM is, it represents Diamond Star Motors. Eagle talons, Plymouth lasers, and mitsu eclipses are dsm's. Lucky for me my brother found a good deal on a 96 accord so that will be my new ride. In any case if someone is looking to build a cheap race car i'd highly suggest looking into buying a 1st gen DSM with about a grand in investments you should be able to run 13's.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that 95 body body style wit the big wing....now u pple need to realize that we were on the highway talkin to each thru our windows down at bout 30 mph on i35s
and i asked him how many pounds he was pushin and i swear i fukin heard 5....and yes i feel that doesnt sound rite, HOWEVER, the car was movin just fine no fuke up ass sounds, shiftin or noises comin from the car other than wat someone told was the external waste gate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.