Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my first time racing on the wet stuff with more falling all day long, And on my aged Hoosier's to boot.

What a total Blast it was when after my first conservative run I began to push it and just oversteer drift all over... I was surprised at how well my R's felt even with No tread whatsoever. They stuck very well, I just learned to be a little more conservative and defiantely be more careful when late braking and trail braking, and stayed as far from standing or pooling water as possible.

The best part was that my Wet run times were pretty decent and that driving this way taught me when and where to push even more. On my "1" dry run, this experience allowed me to really feel it out and push the car further and apply even more of what I have been learning.

Have I mentioned before how AWESOME my brakes are? Well they are friggen AWESOME!!!

It was a slip sliding day, we Were the drift king's in a few key turns including a nice "L" to the right, a "hairpin" and a medium "sweeper." Watchin the FR's slide all over while we FF's were able to use more power in key spots was interesting. BUT the FTD was set by 2 Pro's in Steet Mod; a SC'd M-3 and a split hair behind him my friend in his hybrid civic, Good Job Rodney!!! I am always impressed with your driving...

I came in 3rd behind a Very talented driver in an SC'd Civic and a Turbo'ed M-3... I'm still learning and loving every minute of it!

I had a great time and learned even More about car control under even more difficult conditions.

A.

PS I truely feel that if you have a chance to drive in the rain that you do it. There is nothing like driving at the limit wet, and then right back to dry and really feeling the difference and learning just how much further you can push and just how much faster you can go. Needless to say I totally enjoyed the education and wonder "IF" SCCA sponsors Any specific wet driving classes?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yep I raced in the rain this past Satruday and Sunday for my first time. I drove like crap. I haven't driven in the wet since July 2000 with my brand new Civic.

I got my air pressures to where I wanted them on Saturday and on Sunday I DNF'ed twice out of 5 runs. Guy who has been giving me competition this year got me by .5 seconds :) His first win against me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've raced on a wet auto-x track once this year.... won first place in my class!!

The track was very tight with one fast straight that let me touch 2nd hear for about a second. No standing water was a plus.

It's definitely something everyone should do to learn the limits of their car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.