Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know illegal street racing is bad and all that junk... but there are some occasions on the freeway where cars instigate a race (all in good fun of course). anyway my question is... when i win, the guys in the losing car always want to try and get me to follow them and pull over... is this a normal thing? i dont, because 1. its usually late at night, and 2. im usually by myself, or there are usually more than 1 person in the other car.

i notice that people try to get me to pull over when i beat them. its happened quite a few times to me. for girls (or guys) that HAVE actually pulled over, what do you do when you DO pull over... ? i think im clueless when it comes to street racing etiquette.:laughy:

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I've never pulled over .. the guy/girl who loses (which has never been me, lol) will have to act badass and do a "ricer fly by"

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i don't race with my 70hp hatch.. but when my boyfriend races with his rx7... he sometimes pulls over. it's just basically they want to know his mods. it's really annoying because they basically envy him...and wont shut up. but yeah.. i wouldn't pull over.. jus for safety reasons.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I personally have never pulled over...just usually give a
or flash my lights if its late at night.

I've been with friends who have pulled over, or at least rolled down their window at a light or something in order to talk about mods, etc.

Being a girl I definitely wouldnt pull over at night, especially alone. Too many creepy guys out there...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've had that happen but I would never ever pull over. Theres some crazy people out there.:eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
"ricer fly by"
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: oh bruva, that ones going in my vocab

·
Registered
138 Posts

about a yr and a half ago I raced some foo light to light and we were neck and neck, we were both suprised cuz we both figured the other guy only had bolt ons. ended up he was lsvtec too and we rolled down the windows at the next light and he asked what motor I had and I said LS and then he said "yeah me too" and we both laughed our asses off. gave the thumbs up and took off again. :) Got a lil sidetracked there but yeah I've stopped a few times. My city ain't all that big and u learn who has what really quick. It all depends on the vibe from the other person too, if they gave the thumbs up and stuff i'm more likely to shoot the shit.

Edit: whoops i didn't notice this was girl's garage :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
ugh..

i got a 6 point $280 racing ticket 2 weeks ago, but i wasnt even racing.
I was goin like 35 in 2nd gear cuz i was ABOUT to fuck with someone, then this hatch pulls up next to me all loud and the cop saw him pull up to me and since it was loud he prolly thought we were in the middle of racing but i never even went over the speed limit or anything.. diediedie :x

hes like "Two cars next to eachother, accelerating quickly is racing. Now your lucky i dont get you for tint, exhaust, and dirty windows" Dirty windows?!!??! JEEZ SORRY DIDNT KNOW A LITTLE HAZE OF DUST ON MY WINDOWS WAS ILLEGAL :idiots:

i tried to pull the innocent lil girl act "well see, i dont know how to drive stick and it was just loud because i was in the wrong gear and i was nervous!" *cute face* but he didnt care :[

ANYWAYS k im done.. sorry had to vent :rolleyes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouch.. sorry to hear that. i just got a 412 $ speeding ticket myself. no way in hell i'll be paying that fine without a fight first... i wasnt even going as fast as he supposedly clocked me at. :mad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Alot of times I forget that I'm in a lowered Honda and don't even realize there's someone next to me giving me "they eye" if you know what I mean. I was following my girlfriend in her Civic and we were driving around town and when we stopped she mentioned something like, "notice how you get alot of attention all of a sudden?" And I didn't know what she was talking about and I guess there was a red '96 Accord that was driving next to me or something.

Unfortunately, I haven't started my LS swap yet (it's gonna be hell because this car originally from the East Coast.... so rusted) and my man's car is always a "Work in Progress" and seriously hasn't run half the time we've been together, but when it was running, he'd almost never take on a race if I was in the car :td: ... Okay yeah he doesn't want to be responsible for me if something happens but c'mon... give a girl a little bit of excitement... :p

·
Registered
569 Posts
you girls should pull over so that weirdos like me
lol, if thats your car in your sig, i'd pull over and let you take advnatage of me anyday, as long as i got to ride in your car afterwards:p j/p

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
soul 93 said:
you girls should pull over so that weirdos like me
can take advantage of you:p ;)
not with a dog THAT size in your car... holy shit that thing is HUGE! :eek2:

hm.. ricer flyby - now i know what to call it when they do that to me. :yu: lol

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i havent ever really pulled over after racing the accord, i dotn think alot of people do that out heer its just a race and then u go ur marry way after its over, i try to avoid street racing tho and the idiots on the road, just kus my record sux and i have no points left

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
SheDevil_Racer said:
lol, if thats your car in your sig, i'd pull over and let you take advnatage of me anyday, as long as i got to ride in your car afterwards:p j/p
yeah thats my car:D , and my doggie too
so when u coming to NY?;):p

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That one girl said:
not with a dog THAT size in your car... holy shit that thing is HUGE! :eek2:

lol...hes big but hes still a puppy (11 months)
hes a nice dog- you would love him

you should have seen my old dog "harry"
he was a great dane--now that was a HUGE dog

·
Registered
569 Posts
mm, maybe i'll make a trip to ny after i go to florida to see stock? hehe, i'll tour the whole damn USA and visit each and everyone of you:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
elise said:
ugh..

i got a 6 point $280 racing ticket 2 weeks ago, but i wasnt even racing.
I was goin like 35 in 2nd gear cuz i was ABOUT to fuck with someone, then this hatch pulls up next to me all loud and the cop saw him pull up to me and since it was loud he prolly thought we were in the middle of racing but i never even went over the speed limit or anything.. diediedie :x

hes like "Two cars next to eachother, accelerating quickly is racing. Now your lucky i dont get you for tint, exhaust, and dirty windows" Dirty windows?!!??! JEEZ SORRY DIDNT KNOW A LITTLE HAZE OF DUST ON MY WINDOWS WAS ILLEGAL :idiots:

i tried to pull the innocent lil girl act "well see, i dont know how to drive stick and it was just loud because i was in the wrong gear and i was nervous!" *cute face* but he didnt care :[

ANYWAYS k im done.. sorry had to vent :rolleyes:
where in WI are you from? if having a dirty car is illegal, consider me john dilinger, my car is never clean

1 - 20 of 28 Posts