Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i have a couple friends who have civics and tegs. if i race them stock (94 honda civic vtec) vs 96 non vtec integra 4 door would who would win? also i wanna race a thunderbird v8 not supercharged, nothing, just about completely stock, auto tranny (same with teg too). ohh yeah my friend has a probe, would it beat the thunderbird cuz i am almost for sure it would. and same with this 92 celica gt? beatable with me being stock or not?

·
Registered
458 Posts
lol I have a 95 civic EX. Moddified and fun to drive, but I don't race it. If I had wanted to race I wouldn't have bought a Civic.:)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Alphajacks said:
lol I have a 95 civic EX. Moddified and fun to drive, but I don't race it. If I had wanted to race I wouldn't have bought a Civic.:)

nice sig, death race 2000 owns :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
well I ve raced 94 teg 4 door GS and i smoked hi all the way up to 90 MPH. My friend also has Tbird forgot the year but its v6 Supercharged 14LBS boost i smoked him too. and ive also raced a GT probe Intake Exhaust a 93 and we were side by side.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Alright then, just checking to make certain...for sure. I like to beat v6 Mustangs then pull up next to them while they make up some excuse like they weren't racing or mis-shifted or just the fact that they are amazed at being beaten by a Civic. Same with RS Camaros, but I haven't had too many good experiences with Z's and SS's after 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yup, just waiting for that turbo kit of mine, either that or slap on a vtec head, which would be a last resort if for some reason I decide not to get my turbo, which I probably would.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
hey 96civicraces ... your from kirkland? I'm from Puyallup. Check out NWHonda . Pretty cool site.

But back to topic, you'll lose.

·
Registered
373 Posts
jai si said:
Alright then, just checking to make certain...for sure. I like to beat v6 Mustangs then pull up next to them while they make up some excuse like they weren't racing or mis-shifted or just the fact that they are amazed at being beaten by a Civic. Same with RS Camaros, but I haven't had too many good experiences with Z's and SS's after 2nd gear.
those cars are hella slow. could beat those cars with the civic and my uncles 92 nsx.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
hawjdude said:
those cars are hella slow. could beat those cars with the civic and my uncles 92 nsx.
Yeah I would consider them slow as hell too if I were running the same setup you got.

·
Registered
373 Posts
jai si said:
Yeah I would consider them slow as hell too if I were running the same setup you got.

no i could kill those cars with my uncles stock nsx, wait is mugen exhaust consider stock. And when i didn't have the turbo in i was taking out mustang gts and svt.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yeah ok dude, a NSX is pretty quick stock or modded. If I had a GSR in my car I'd be pretty confident too. SVT's and SS's are pretty quick for street cars, and for stock as well. For a street Civic to keep up with them is a true feat.

·
Registered
373 Posts
jai si said:
Yeah ok dude, a NSX is pretty quick stock or modded. If I had a GSR in my car I'd be pretty confident too. SVT's and SS's are pretty quick for street cars, and for stock as well. For a street Civic to keep up with them is a true feat.
hey you give those domestics to much credit, there slow. you could kill v6s, i should know that. i think ss are only in mid 13s stock if there new ones like 99 and up. svt are slow no matter what. trust me your street racing civic has potential.

·
Registered
373 Posts
jai si said:
I've seen SS's here run mid to high 14's, and my car only runs mid-high 16's. Big difference.
race one from the stop and see who wins. you should get the jump if you launch right..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
hawjdude said:
race one from the stop and see who wins. you should get the jump if you launch right..
if his civic only runs mid to high 16s, it doesn't matter if they race from a stop or from a rolling start. he'll get walked by the ss.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.