Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for an exhaust to make a kind of rattling sound coming out of it? Mines does this. It only does it when i just start up the car after a while and start driving, maybe for like the first minute when i give it gas, then it stops.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesnt do it at all times. Only if i havent drove it ina while like overnight, then in the morning it will rattle a little for about a min when im pulling off switching to 3 and so on. then it stops when im not gassing it up. Someone told me thats how its uspposed to sound, considering i only hear itwhen the engine is cold and then when it warms up i dont hear it anymore.

· Registered
116 Posts
I used to own a civic w/ a P.O.S. ractive exhaust,
it didnt fit well at all, and there was this annoying rattle between 2k-35k rpm, it was coming from the pipe that goes over the rear axels, that bend in the pipe was tapping the frame, its not something thats easily adjustable b/c these ractive exhausts are just plain ol shitty when it comes to fitment (at least from my experience), My advice is to scrap it on ebay and buy a new cat back, something quality like dc or greddy, its true what they say, you get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.