Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
christian said:
you obviously have never used a LIDAR(Laser)

No deeee Dee DEEEEE to me then. We dont have Lidar. Sometimes i think we are behind the times here. Guess thats why i thought it sounded retarded. Seems silly to have to look through a scope at an object to get a speed of a vehicle.

·
Registered
833 Posts
PAC-MAN said:
So fellow SHO members/Officers, is it true that if radar is being shot at you and you take your foot off the gas and coast that the radar won't read? I have always heard this and just want 100% clerification.
Also feel free to reveal any special things we should know about radar and laser.........oh yeah The Valentine One...does it really work? My friend swears by it and I used it once and liked it but didn't get much action with it.
Radar sends a constant signal at the speed of light at your car, (as long as the operator is holding the trigger) then back to the receiver. You're reaction isnt anywhere near as fast enough to beat that. Radar will bounce off of the largest object thats moving. Because of this, radar is usually only used on lightly traveled roads.
Laser, on the other hand, is prefered on heavy traffic areas. Works like radar, but you aim it by looking through a hologram sight, and it tells you how far the object is that you are targeting.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
icu2cop said:
No deeee Dee DEEEEE to me then. We dont have Lidar. Sometimes i think we are behind the times here. Guess thats why i thought it sounded retarded. Seems silly to have to look through a scope at an object to get a speed of a vehicle.
thats how you pick out one car out of a whole rush hour. And you can testify without a doubt that was the correct target.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
i have always heard about "radar jammers" do these work? and also is there "laser jammers" and if so do they work?
not sure about laser jammers but I do know radar jammers work... But I'm fairly certain its big time misdemeanor if not felony to be using a radar jammer.

Radar detectors worked awesome for me though when I went to nevada, I was able to pick up a cop running constant radar coming towards me from over 7 miles away :number1

·
Registered
496 Posts
where i live in myrtle beach south carolina, i know most of the cops so i get off ticket and traffic stop free, but just to be safe i stick with a basic cobra. they use ka band most of the time, but alot of areas with large stores give off the same signal. so i just go on and forget about it. do cops tend to stick like glue to these areas? im going to school for criminal justice and plan to become a cop. i know i will use this tactic to get speeders who think its just another electronic door.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.