Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
The temperature needle should always be at the 1/3 mark and never move. When my fans stopped working, I replaced the fan switch (sensor located on the thermostat housing) and it worked fine.

1/3 is this during the winter? My needle only goes to 1/3 when its warming up otherwise its just below the middle.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
yes it will only turn on at certain temps but most hondas will kick on before the temp gauge reaches 1/2

A lot of hondas sitting there idleing will take forever to get hot enough to kick the fan on.

Does your car get to 60% and stay there, or does it keep going until it overheats?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
91Vtec said:
94 honda del sol vtec
I know some Civics have what looks like a half-sized radiator and even they run with the needle at 1/3. Your B16 Sol should have a big radiator and if the needle isn't at 1/3, it's the thermostat or the sensor tha plugs into the thermostat housing. You can test the thermostat by dropping it in a bucket of boiling water and seeing how much it opens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ATISTANG said:
yes it will only turn on at certain temps but most hondas will kick on before the temp gauge reaches 1/2

A lot of hondas sitting there idleing will take forever to get hot enough to kick the fan on.

Does your car get to 60% and stay there, or does it keep going until it overheats?
Actually, it isn't 60, just a little above 50. No, it never overheats. Then again, its been 98 degrees and humid here in Bamalama. In the winter, it stays around 30%.

Couldn't I just set it to stay on all the time?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
So, i shouldnt be seeing my needle go almost to the middle? Heh always thought it was normal. I have the half radiator. Maybe i might have installed the thermo facing the wrong way? is there a correct way?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.