Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to purchase a Fluidyne radiator would it bolt on directly into my radiator bay, or would I have to do anything. I'm also wondering if a Fluidyne would actually help me any. My radiator has a leak and I need to replace it ASAP. Would it make a difference if i bought an OEM replacement one from prostreetonline or if I bought a fluidyne one? THanks...oh yeah i have a 98 GSR

·
Registered
342 Posts
integra's come stock with a great cooling system. I wouldnt really be thinking of getting a fluidyne radiator unless you plan on making alot of power. How much, I'm not really sure, but... the stock integra radiator is really plenty...

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
yeah go with an oem style. no need for anything fancy. I just replaced mine with a oem style.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
gsro11 said:
the stock unit is garbage they will crack at the seems where the plastic is welded together on the top of the unit.sure they can take abuse but go 150 mph more than once and its gonna bust ;)

true that but i doubt hell be goin 150 anytime soon. And i think it could stand 150 mph anyway.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
true he might not ever go that fast, but the question was would the aftermarket radiator help him and in this case for sure it would, and mine radiator did split because of the stress, thats why they are crap the car is made to go about that fast so the parts should support it,however; they fail just like the stock rotors will if you abuse them more than once in a short time frame, dont get me wrong i swear by honda and to me there is no better car manufactuer, but like any car company they are made with the cheapist parts in some areas to keep costs down

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha, thanks for the replies....well...i ended up purchasing a fluidyne anyways just because, har har har....uhmm, i'm gonna change the subject a bit....i ordered my radiator from prostreetonline. Has anyone ordered from them? They're taking a long ass time to process my order, 2 days already, i'm getinn pisssssed. I'm running around right now with a leaking radiator. SHIETT. I cant even email them cuz they're site doesn't do that shiet right. Anybody else have trouble with prostreet? or did i just get bad luck? :cry

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
good job getting the fluidyne, i was in ur exact situation and did the exact same thing...if anything it makes ur engine bay look better and match ur header (assuming u have one)
as for pro street they are pretty big company u shouldnt have any trouble...dont they sponser sho and ht?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
yeah i was runnin around havin to fill up every time I wanted to leave. It was bad for like 2 days. And ive never had a problem with stock brakes and ive abused mine once or twice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.