Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dad has a 02 crv and when he switched out the battery the radio reset and along with it requires a code...

does anyone know how to get the code besides looking for the piece of paper that came with the car (we can't find it).

I heard taking it to the dealer will charge a mandatory 1 hr labor charge (which isn't worth it!)

help please.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
this

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
hold the buttons 1 and 6 and turn on the radio. this will give you an 8 digit serial number.

either give me the serial number and i'll look up your code or call your dealer and give them the serial number and have them look it up. hopefully they'll be nice and do it for free. otherwise, i'll look it up.

the honda network is only online on weekdays though, so you'll have to wait until monday for me to look up your code.

joe

oh, the serial number is unique to your radio, no harm in posting the serial number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Changed battery on my accord now I have no radio.

I bought a used 2001 Accord 4 dr EX and went to change the battery. Now the radio asks fo a code. As luck would have it, the owner's manual is long gone along with the codes. I did the press 1 & 6 while turning it on and have the following numbers:

U 1111 L3030. I also noticed a sticker in glove box that was 11113030.

Thanks - John

EDIT: Carp, I thought I was posting a new thread, I don't mean to hijack this one. Sorry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My moms CR-v had the Number on a sticker under the Fusebox lid in the engine compartment. My civic didn't have any numbers anywhere when I was in your situation. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I checked every panel I could and nothing to be found. :mad

I called a dealer and they would not give it to me over the phone. So now I am going to road trip it across town.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Code

If I already have my serial number, is there an easier way than visiting the dealership to get my code? I work about 30 miles away from the dealership, in the wrong way. I purchased my 3.2 TL used, and don't have my information loaded with any dealer.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
here is your radio code for the crv 24232. hope that help. As for the Acrua i can get you a radio code for that also if you have the serial number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
StreetRacer94 said:
here is your radio code for the crv 24232. hope that help. As for the Acrua i can get you a radio code for that also if you have the serial number.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the code based on the good intel I get from the board. I called the dealer I purchased the car from ( a Honda dealership...bought the Acura used) and told them my sad tale. They then tried to tell me that the Honda computer could not pull up the codes, but I asked them to try anyway. They did and the code worked right out of the gate.

Thanks for the help and the reply...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the code.

I'll use it tonight and record the number in the owners manual I bought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a '98 CRV and the radio won't work because the battery went dead. I don't have the radio serial number. So before I try to remove the radio for the serial number - I'll try holding the 1 & 6 button. Is there a suggested code I can use for the '98 CRV? When I talked to the dealer one guy there gave me a code based on the last 6 digits of my VIN. The thing is the code included a 0 and 9 of which there are none on the radio - so that didn't work. The next service guy I talked to at the dealer told me I should come in and they will remove the radio for only $75 or so. What a deal ---- NOT!~! Anyways - please help me with my '98 CRV radio issue....more issues needing help are coming on this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Passenger Lock won't work

The passenger lock on the drivers side will not work. The door is permanently locked. We've tried to pry the lock up with no luck. I unscrewed the handle area - but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read that there are problems with the actuator. What does that look like - and can I get to it if the door doesn't open? I'm not mechanically inclined...am I going to have to take this to the dealer? I've tried spraying WD-40 down the lock - I have no idea if that does anything. Before the lock went permanently dead - I had to press the lock switch multiple times before that door would lock. That went on for a couple of months before the lock decided to stay locked for good. Looking forward to your replys. Hopefully it's something that I can do without spending money at the dealership. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK - so I tried holding the 1 & 6 button down and just got another error code on the radio. I've tried removing and replacing the fuse to remove the error codes and starting over - but that didn't work either. :bomb

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
shoebox223 said:
I have a '98 CRV and the radio won't work because the battery went dead. I don't have the radio serial number. So before I try to remove the radio for the serial number - I'll try holding the 1 & 6 button. Is there a suggested code I can use for the '98 CRV? When I talked to the dealer one guy there gave me a code based on the last 6 digits of my VIN. The thing is the code included a 0 and 9 of which there are none on the radio - so that didn't work. The next service guy I talked to at the dealer told me I should come in and they will remove the radio for only $75 or so. What a deal ---- NOT!~! Anyways - please help me with my '98 CRV radio issue....more issues needing help are coming on this forum.

1 and 6 only retrieves the serial number on 2001+ civics, 2002+crvs, and 2003+ all models.

you have to remove the radio to retrieve the serial number.
if your lucky the pdi tech put the serial number code sticker on the inside of the glove box or the outside of the glove box(the sides where you can see it when it's open). if not, it has to be removed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATTN:HondatechAV6

U2303 L4173 -I'm sorry I couldn't send a private message

Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

Damon

HondatechAV6 said:
darkenthedoor said:
Hi,

I just recently changed the battery in my CRV and I of course lost the code. I was able to get the serial number as you mentioned. Can you look up my code.
It's for a 2002 CRV.

I would appreciate any help.

Damon Trahan

[email protected]

sure, but only during monday-friday. i need the 8 digit number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radio code

Hi, Joe.
I think you are really great in helping people the way you do. I'm bigging you up "BIG" time. It's truly a rare gem to find qualities like that in people. I need help also with the radio code...lol..I have an Acura MDX 2001, i'm providing the serial # U3000 L1785 for the radio as you suggested. I hail you with much thanks in advance.
Cordially, & much luv, Rachelle!

HondatechAV6 said:
hold the buttons 1 and 6 and turn on the radio. this will give you an 8 digit serial number.

either give me the serial number and i'll look up your code or call your dealer and give them the serial number and have them look it up. hopefully they'll be nice and do it for free. otherwise, i'll look it up.

the honda network is only online on weekdays though, so you'll have to wait until monday for me to look up your code.

joe

oh, the serial number is unique to your radio, no harm in posting the serial number.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts