Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around a little bit, but i can't find anything. I got a 1990 civic HB, and i am trying to get the stock radio out. I can't get the plastic trim peice off tho. And i can't see anything that is holding it. So can you please help me out a little bit here.
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
COME ON MAN.... NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
usually there are some things holding the radio on the sides of it you need to buy a radio remover tool ive sold them at my job for fords and chevy's so im pretty sure you can find one for imports. or you can do the long way and take the dash out and while your there you might as well organize the wire with wire ties and stuff to make it nice and neat good luck!~!~

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Cant you just go from behind and remove some screws and pop the radio out?? I dont know much about those older interiors. do a google search if anything.

·
Registered
388 Posts
exactly do that search but then again who does when they can just ask a question and expect an random answer from a stranger. whats more fun lol you decide

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i searched a bunch of treads already... when i didn't come up with anything i asked ppl on here and ppl on honda tech. And someone up there finally said that there are two 8mm bolts in the back of the radio holding it on. So ill try to get it out tonight.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Type_SH RaCer said:
a FLAT HEAD! And most likly four clips! pop it out! if you have knobs then pull them off first!

Nope it was easier then that. I took a look behind the console and there were just 2 small bolts. I undid them and it came right out. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts