Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
battery died in my 2001 civic and now my radio is locked. anyone on here know how to get the unlock code without paying the dealer 60 dollars. i got my 8 digit code by holding down 1 and 6 and it is 2807-6460. any help is appreciated

· Registered
110 Posts
battery died in my 2001 civic and now my radio is locked. anyone on here know how to get the unlock code without paying the dealer 60 dollars. i got my 8 digit code by holding down 1 and 6 and it is 2807-6460. any help is appreciated
im guessing thats the serial#. but i dont know why there trying to charg you 60 bucks. i called the dealer gave them the serial num on the back and they told me on the phone what the code was. check in your owners man. it would be on the inside of one of the covers (front or back) like i said i dont know why they want to charg you!

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
call a different dealer

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Here's a site on how to get your code:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Also, I went to the dealer when my battery died and one of techs just sat down in the car, and somehow just reset it while looking at just the front of it, only using the VIN number without charging me anything. I've since switched to an aftermarket radio and my battery's been disconnected countless times for engine stuff and electronics, and I don't need to find a code for it anymore, just need to reset my EQ's each time which is no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.