Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else pumped for this game? I watched some gameplay and it looks like a mix between Borderlands and Fallout, both of which I fuxxxxing love. I dont feel like its getting enough press. Opinions?

p.s. at work and cant attach youtube trailer.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
It's an ID game with Carmack at the helm. That's enough to get my attention. Too bad there's no FPS multiplayer portion to Rage.

Kinda curious to see the iPhone version too. I play a ton of Nazi Zombies on my iPod and would be pretty happy to have another FPS game to play on my Pod.

BTW: I think a novelization of the Rage world is being published by Del Rey shortly. I read a ton of VG based novels, so that might be one I'd p/u too. Working through the Bioshock novel right now.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Picked up my copy and did the mandatory disc to HD install (for the PS3).:(

It took almost 20 mins. to DL and another 5 to install.

I have been playing a lot of Dead Island lately, and Rage feels like the game mechanics are very similar. So far it's been mostly talking to NPC's who'll trade you goods/services if you'll complete a task for them.

At this point the travelling is very open world. But the quest areas themselves return to more of a traditional corridor crawling FPS style. In that regard, (plus the post apocolyptic setting of Rage) the game totally reminds me of Borderlands. If that was not one of the major influences of the design team I'd be pretty surprised.

Beautiful game. So far so good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts