Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im interested in getting a sport bike... ive been doing a little research on here and other sites.. etc etc... but thats not the point...

my question spawns from a "just wondering" kinda thing... what do you do when it rains? sit tight somewhere and hope it dies down quickly? even then roads would still be wet when the rain ends... or just stick it out in the rain, and be cautious?

iunno... seems like a pretty basic question, but a rather relavent one.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I've been caught in the rain plenty of times...mainly because i live in an area where the meteorologists are complete retards, and the sudden change in elevation can cause bad weather at any moment like in Hawaii...

Riding in the rain is not that bad, it'll make you more aware of your surroundings, and you will be a smoother rider...have rain gear on if you plan on riding in the rain, i usually keep a huge trashbag in my trunk so when it does rain I can use that temporarily...MSF course will tell u to keep a spare trashbag in the trunk...the biggest problem you will face in the rain is not traction, but vision, as your helmet will fog up, and the faceshield will be constantly rained on so making your vision very blurry. Like you would do in any vehicle under inclement weather, allow yourself more following distance, don't make any sudden change in direction, and go easy around turns, you only got 2 wheels of traction...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.