Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im cruising home a little while ago, on 95, and im driving a bone stock 5g prelude btw, 5spd, and up ahead I see some car with bright white blinkers moving around a lot, and flashing em', left right, left right, left right, so i decide to take off after him, and I found it to be one of those mitsu's i'd heard about, found out the name of the thing afterwards, its between a lancer, and an evo, more towards the lancer :D So we're doing 80 or so, and I drop 4th, and we run to about 100, but theres some traffic, but this guy just decides to go shooting through it...not my style, so i work my way through and catch up, and we do two more runs, 80-120. Pulled two car lengths the second run, and 1 the last. I talked to the guys afterwards at a gas station. it was quite amusing. The guy is trying to tell me I have an intake manifold from a JDM Civic, and that you can't possibly put a supercharger where the intake manifold is. yea, ok: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/prelude/images/smit2.jpg

So I did a little research, and come to find the Ralliart puts out 162hp/162lbs of tq. He claimed it was stock, but I don't see how a car with that much power kept up with me on the top end. I don't mean to brag, but he's got a pinch of torque on me, and 33 less horsepower, I shoulda walked him, he musta had something done or that car is just suprisingly quick. But anyway, him and his friend were cool, but a little misinformed regarding my car. Good run though, running up over 100ish isn't my usual business, so it was intense. :rolleyes

- Dave

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble but I think those numbers are flywheel and not wheel horsepower or torque... anyways... if it wasnt stock.. nice kill... think those things run really low 15's stock... somewhere in the 15.0-15.2 range... later Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know those are flywheel horsepower numbers, I don't get why you made that comment though, even though they are not representative of what my car is putting to the ground, they're still roughly comparative of what our stocks vehicles actually put down. I haven't had much track experience, and the best I've put down so far is 15.8, which I know I can improve on. This guy claimed 15.5 at the track, which is cool. I figured he'd have an advantage from a dig cuz he's lighter, but, I think I could take em' :D But, it was fun, so I thought i'd share the story.

- Dave

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Aerodynamics, gearing, shifting points all come into play. I think those cars actually make more to the ground than Mitsu claims too, possibly underated.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
mitsubishis dont have the best gearing. it doesnt matter if he has more torque if his powerband is crap. the lude can rev forever, thats why you took him on the high end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.