Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the highest displacement four banger honda put in their cars off the line, i heard from a friend that my b20z with its 2.0 was the highest until the newer cars came out, put i popped this girls hood and she had a 2.3 and it was i think a 1995 two door accord. i never researched so sorry if its a stupid question.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay i want to add on i just saw that most accords have the 2.3, new question, why? you would think they would want to have a more powerful engine planted in a AWD (optional) suv, rather then a FWD car.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I believe it was the h23
are you forgetting about the k24?

okay i want to add on i just saw that most accords have the 2.3, new question, why? you would think they would want to have a more powerful engine planted in a AWD (optional) suv, rather then a FWD car.
umm no. mileage emissions and reliability are there main worries. the crv has no performance in mind but practicality. it's not even a nice awd system. get a wrx or evo if you want awd and power with a 4 cyl.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not being an ass but the AWD system is pretty amazing for how it works, i have never gotten stuck and i have pulled out several cars without even burning clutch or anything like that. i have heard about it being based off the civic, i want to do an engine swap to somthing with alittle more get up and go

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i understand what you meant, im just getting tired of everyone putting down crvs when they know little about how they perform. i just figured to be pratical honda should of put their larger motor in a SUV, i mean newer ones have v-tec and i think a 2.3 and up

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
im not being an ass but the AWD system is pretty amazing for how it works, i have never gotten stuck and i have pulled out several cars without even burning clutch or anything like that. i have heard about it being based off the civic, i want to do an engine swap to somthing with alittle more get up and go
you missed my point. the awd system is fine for what it was designed for. but you're making a performance based setup and the awd on the crv is lacking for that. get a wrx or evo if you want a nice awd setup. it doesn't even put power down efficiently to the rear wheels for a performance setup. you make 120wtq at best so you won't notice and problems. puttind down 210wtq or higher is much different

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i probably did miss your point, like a made clear in several threads is that the crv is looked down upon by others, but i know what you mean, the rear wheels don't get too much power unless in full lock, but once the front wheels lock up on take off the rear diff is disengaged so its back to FWD like everyone else

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.