Click Here for - Large Version

Most of these photos were taken at Lake Eola Park. The larger versions are really worth a view on this photoshoot. They work pretty nice as desktops too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, I really love the first and forth pics... the green against the browns in the first one are fantastic! what kind of camera did you use...im looking for a new one, esp. a digital one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
very very nice mike... Those could be great backround or photobook pictures...

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a Sony F717. Its a pretty versatile camera. I now have the f828 again. I kinda had to get it, but its got some pretty big drawbacks. But in right conditions its a really nice image. Cant wait to get the 939....if there is one.

But here are some of the photos with the 828.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah just a little tip for all these animal photos. Well that is if you dont have some mega exspensive zoom lens and a tripod. To get them you got to get real close. I was maybe about 3-6 feet from the animals.

How you go about doing this. Simple, stick your camera straight out (not too far to where its uncomfortable, but enough to where you get some extra, basically a little forward of your normal shot) You need an lcd for this as well and move forward VERY VERY slowly. Dont go too close though and zoom as much as possible or needed.

Ive done this on squirrels and just about everything else that normally runs like hell if you take a normal walk up to it. For some reason when I have a camera and im moving in super slow, these animals just wont move. I can almost go and touch them afterwards.

Maybe its cause the camera is basically covering my face as I move in and they just see that. So its nothing too threatening or familiar. But afterwards I take the shot I would drop the camera down and be like damn....your close.

Then snap a couple more and back away kinda laughing how they just allowed me to get close and photograph them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts