Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snow's finally melting and I'm hungry for a little cosmetic tweaking of my ride. To get it out of the way, yes, I know none of this will improve my performance. :p

Car: 2004 Civic 4dr
Color: Magnesium

Summer Rims
Thinking: 16s with 195/55 rubber
The 14 steelies can do winter-tire duty, so i want a set of something nice for warm weather. 17s would be too rough a ride for me I think.
Riceiness: Low

CAI
Thinking: DIY forum
Why not? It seems easy enough from the advice in the DIY forum, and why shell out a bundle of money for a length of pipe?
Riciness: Moderate

Strut Tower Bar
Thinking: Triple-bolt something?
Mujen, Injen, Neuspeed ... huh? Isn't this just a steel rod that "ties the front end together?"
Riciness: Moderate

Painted Brake Calipers
Thinking: DIY forum - red.
I like them, okay? At least it's not baby blue.
Riciness: High

Painted Valve Cover
Thinking: Buy compatible OEM/junkyard cover, DIY forum - red.
I won't even try to justify this. :lol2
Riciness: The San Francisco Treat

Comments, catcalls, "be quiet you silly newbie" and implication that my real name is "Uncle Ben" are welcome. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
40_Below said:
If you like that stuff then fine, don't worry about what other people think about your ride.
Oh, I'm not worried about what other people think. I'm just asking for opinions. I never said I'd listen. ;)

I'm more looking for weigh-in from people who've done any of this, have suggestions for further stuff to work on, etc ...

Thanks for the kind words :D

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
Be quiet you silly noob! :hehe

I don't think the stuff you're planning to do is rice. It's more like being cheap haha j/k.

But yeah what 40_Below said you shouldn't care what others think of your ride.

BTW welcome to SHO and its mugen not mujen. ;)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
ok IMO none of that is hardcore ricey..just more or less the basics that most people do whether or not they like to admit it.
the valve cover isn't bad, I would do it but I'm too lazy lol

I've painted my calipers cause i was bored

the rims are fine

my buddy with a hatch just removed the airbox from the engine and got a airfilter off a 300zx and stuck it on there (works like anything else right?)

for strut tower brace go with a Neuspeed, due to the fact it is a straight brace with no pins and no pivot points like most the others. let's see..a brace with pivots..doesn't that defeat the purpose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.