Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey now, whered all the old people from superhonda go?
anyways, heres my sad story. i started modding my car in late '97. i liked it. then in aug 2001 i moved from houston, tx to this shitty place call corpus christi to finish school. well i get down here and 2 weeks later, i get up in the morning and my car is gone. cops find it stripped on side of some farm road. im wasnt really mad. my eyes are opened now. all this import stuff isnt fun anymore. from 1996-1999, those were the good yrs, i dont know what it is now. by the way, im getting a supercharged mustang gt for x-mas. =o)

· Registered
1,104 Posts
if you really love it, if you a diehard fan, you will never outgrow it... if its just a passing thing, I won't even care about it next year :p

· Registered
77 Posts
Ur sad sad storey resembles mine. 2 years ago my Mustang GT ,with sooooo many mods in every department it would blow ur mind if u saw my ride, was ripped off off from my campus. They shit kicked it and stripped all the parts that they could. I was sooo set back by wut happened to my 375 HP baby that I did all the work to that I wasnt about to start all over. I got fustrated and bought a civic. And here I am now, obsessed with the IMPORT scene !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sonic: :eek:

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
christmas isnt too far away. gives me something to look forward to. the funny thing is that if i didnt move to corpus christi, id be driving a camaro ss right now. my dad was gonna get it for me if i stayed home and finished school in houston. damn that sucks.
strange for an asian guy wanting an ss huh?

· Registered
252 Posts
wow that really sucks, i havnt really been into cars that long, i was getting into it about a year and a half ago and then kinda of got out of it, and then about 6 months ago a friend got me interested in it again, the only scene i really know shit about is the hardcore/straight edge scene and i get pissed when all kids get into it as a passing phase but its somethign dear to me, is it really "smart" to have goten out of the scene before it got like it is know really "smart" or did it probly just not mean as much to them? thats just what i think

btw, if any of that was worded weird its cause i went to sleep at 230 and was up at 730 for work, so im tired as shit, i should go to sleep but why waste daylight

· Registered
673 Posts
You know for a while I got like that to. I didnt want anythng to do with Imports. Back in HS I use to work to only support my ex's Addiction to modifying his 97LS Integ..... ( I invested more in that car then he ever did, anyways ) then in 99 we broke up. I was still into the whole scene, we'd still hookup to go to the shows together and we'd always see our friends there...
Towards mid 99 I got my civicDXhatchback and I was still into the whole Racing scene, just without my ex. ( MILPITAS every weekend :D ) First week I had my car, I dropped it..Second Week, I got my intake...Third week, I got my headers, and so on... anyways when I found out he was dating some girl with a NEON, it completly made me just drop everything and it even made me regret everything i did to my car.
I kept it up until the end of 2000 by then I was even embarrassed to be seen rolling in my car.... ( can you believe that and it was sooooo cute tooo... ofcourse I had a kit on it and all but all because my boyz where always hooking me up with parts and stuff. ) Anyhow about 1 week after I traded my car in I got back into the scene again ( whatta dumbass huh ) I mean it was always in me, but I had just felt like I had no one to share the fun with.... and when I found someone I could relate to again..then it made it that much easier for me to get back into it....

anyhow LONG ASS story, but anyhow my point was that even till now it doesnt feel the same anymore...without my oldschool friends and all... I Misss them...

· Registered
15 Posts
the import sceane is all about drama now a days cause people cant buy shit they take other peoples car and take it off theres my carjust got jacked last night...it was broken into 3 times by the same people that stole it...the first time they broke in to it they beat the crap out of the whole front end i mean hood was dented in and the fenders were kicked in the font bumper had a bunch of marks from where they pierced it and the headlights and tail lights were busted out...and then last night they stole it and got caught like 30 minites later cause they were dumb enough to drive it with no head lights stupid huh but yeah im not leavin the scene cuz of that im just gonna learn to protect my car..thats all you gotta do...and the people that wanna race my for money i tell thm that i race for the sport and the rush it give me not to gain anything but respect cause my car is faster...hehe:D ......im only 17 be 18 june 1 but yeah thts what i think about the import scene.....am i wrong....do youguys agree???

· Registered
252 Posts
the problem with all scenes is petty ass drama and jelousy, with music its bands jelous of other bands, with cars its kids jelous of other kids cars, as far as racing it should always be for fun but if some rich arrogant prick thinks he can beat you with the car his mommy and daddy got him for his 16th birthday you should take advantage, providing you can beat him, im just glad theft and shit like that doesnt go down in my town(i made a rhyme), i dont know if its cause most kids are cool with each other or the fact that they are scared of what will happen to them, either way it makes me feel safer

· Registered
83 Posts
sux dude

Say man, Corpus aint too bad... I used to live ther, and i wish i could go back.. miss the beach on sundays... But that realy blows about your car... and i have heard that it is getting to be pretty bad liek that everywhere... I know in Kansas a couple of buddies of mine got there cars stolen, and alot of Tegs are getting stolen and just hte motor taken out.. Sorry thinkg man, sorry thing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.