Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has decided to trade in my accord (under his name) and get a Ford Explorer because its bigger and all that junk. Ill try to stay in this place, but now all i got is my '91 Camaro Z28. BUT, i may be able to get an accord for myself in 2 years, 2003 accord V6 manual :):).

· Registered
350 Posts
AirforceAccord said:
My father has decided to trade in my accord (under his name) and get a Ford Explorer because its bigger and all that junk. Ill try to stay in this place, but now all i got is my '91 Camaro Z28. BUT, i may be able to get an accord for myself in 2 years, 2003 accord V6 manual :):).
Just tell your dad to avoid getting an Explorer with Wilderness AT tires. :D

f23a4

· Registered
99 Posts
Why can't you hang out in this forum? You apparently are still an Accord enthusiast. I say hang out. If the CL-Type S coupe is getting a 6 speed in mid 2002, chances are pretty good that there will be a 5 or 6 speed in the 2003 Accord Coupe. Honda confirmed they are goingto make the Accords bigger and more powerful. They also said that the visual difference between the coupe and sedan will be more prominent. Finally, I read that the Accord Coupe will become more of what the Prelude used to be. Could this mean....Accord Si....Accord SH....Accord Type?....Fortune Cookie says....Outlook is promising!

· Registered
23 Posts
i happen to like Z28's. i got smoked by one 2 weeks ago.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
If you're going for fast I still say the accord isn't for you even if it does get a stick. I love my accord because she keeps me out of trouble(most of the time), doesn't break down(knock on wood), looks nice, and rides liek a dream, not because it's fast.

bbaccord said:
i happen to like Z28's. i got smoked by one 2 weeks ago.
naw if you're going to get american muscle at least do it right, a firehawk or a WS6 camaro or TA(F-body)... I serisouly thought about getting a WS6 with the SLP package and introducing it to Vortech and NOS, but decided I needed to finish my bel air some day before I start another project car.

I definately wouldn't mind a TA, especially a fire breathing one

Oh well, I'd be divorced, she already hates my bel air. hehe

· Registered
186 Posts
Avoid the previous model Explorers like the plague! Word around DC is that it may not just be the tires. They might actually be inherent unstable and almost uncontrollable during an emergency.
A couple of accidents in the DC area alone has increased concern that the tires may not be at fault, since both crashed Explorers had the new tires on them.

Due to the whole tire thing, Explorers have lousy resale value. Heck, even Hyundai's now have better resale value than Explorers. Where have you Dad been for the past year? Ford's reputation has plumented big time. Yes, you can get good deals on them now, but if you're looking at resale value? Forget about it. A 10 year old Toyota Corolla wil have better resale value than a 3 year old Explorer at this point.

Of course...if you're on this forum, you know that Ford stands for Found On Road Dead.

Shit...Dodge/Chrysler had better quality vehicles than Ford right now. Does the ousting of CEO Jacques Nasser last October ring any bells? William Ford Jr. is now the CEO and his latest plan is to lay off 20,000 workers, move production to Mexico and restructure the whole company to maximize profits. Hmm....ok that makes sense. But I digress......

http://yahoo.marketguide.com/MGI/signdevt.asp?target=/stocks/companyinformation/signdevt&Ticker=F

Dizzy

· Registered
355 Posts
Dizzy said:
Avoid the previous model Explorers like the plague! Word around DC is that it may not just be the tires. They might actually be inherent unstable and almost uncontrollable during an emergency.
A couple of accidents in the DC area along has increased concern that the tires may not be at fault, since both crashed Explorers had the new tires on them.
I kid you not - I have seen these things on two wheels on the highway making psycho lane changes at speeds of 90-100 mph. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Combine the worst drivers in the country with a high center of gravity SUV and you have a recipe for disaster - faulty tires or not! :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.