Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say that i got a chance to drive the TSX over the weekend. It was a loaner car my gf picked up from the dealer. We took it up to frisco over the weekend and man.. everything about this car was awesome. Such a good all around car. Mountain driving was extremely fun for a fwd, driving through the urban areas of frisco was also enjoyable... plus, driving past 90+mph felt like it was going at a much slower pace. I found myself driving around 100 without realizing how fast i was going (probably due to the quiet engine noise from inside the cabin). but it was very stable at high speed and more agile than i would have imagined for a fwd. Just wanted to give props to all the tsx drivers out there and their cars. never thought this 4-banger could be this much fun. :number1

oh but one downside was the gas consumption. I must have filled up 5 times for the 900 mile trip. :[

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Glad you liked it. I presume it was the 5 spd auto you had? The 6 Spd manual in the TSX is second only to the S2000 as far as smoothness and accuracy. It is a fantastic car indeed.

But 5 times in 900 miles? That doesn't sound right. I can usually pull about 400 miles out of a tank at about 28 mpg. That's with my foot in it quite a bit and a mix of city and highway.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok maybe 4 times. i was being a bit presumptuous :p but i did go for a drive through the coastal mountains in the monterey/big sur area (where i had the heaviest right foot) with a lot of stop and go traffic driving out of LA and in san fran. so maybe it wasn't the best condition for fuel savings :D nevertheless it was a fantastic car.
and yes it was the 5spd. i've heard from my gf (who drives the cls) that it wasn't torquey enough, but i thought it had just enough to get it up to speed. and once it did get up there it was pretty easy to flog it up to 100mph to pass slower cars on the highway. loved it. :p

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Well the CLS having a V6 will definitely be a bit more torquey. However, the 5 spd is a dog compared to the 6 spd manual. I test drove both and could not believe what a night and day difference there was. If you get a chance to try a 6 spd sometime, do it! It's the only way a TSX really flies.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well the CLS having a V6 will definitely be a bit more torquey. However, the 5 spd is a dog compared to the 6 spd manual. I test drove both and could not believe what a night and day difference there was. If you get a chance to try a 6 spd sometime, do it! It's the only way a TSX really flies.
agreed I tried both 2....the auto just isnt close to the manual

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah, for sure a 6spd would make all the difference. I'm really considering my next car to be a tsx.. however i saw the upcoming tsx and it really didn't float my boat.. i'm in love with the 08's.. must drive the manual version next time :]

here it is on route 1 up to big sur. taken with my cam phone.. sorry for the bad quality.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i been looking at the tsx for a bout 3 years now and its still a great looking car. acura have talented designer. i would consider the tsx to be my next car but the tl dont look half bad..
yeah my gf is in love with the tl-S.. i like it too but much too big a car for me. the tsx fits the bill perfectly for me ;]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.