Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
they arent that hard. just get in on a jack and replace. but as for alighnment, id just take it to someplace and theyll adjust it for you. where in socal are you? some places here (super autobacs is one) have lifetime alignment deals
quikflip

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
IntegraXTR said:
aren't most rear camber kits just two bolts and a couple of washers to space it out?

get some high quality bolts and washers =P
Mine is an arm that resembles a dog-bone with a hex-shaft (for a wrench) in the middle of it. As you twist the inner area, it expands the two end or retracts them. The you lock down the jam nuts on each side to keep the inner area from moving around. Take a look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQitemZ8071777531QQrdZ1 Mine is like this only made by SPC.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
Mr GSR said:
Mine is an arm that resembles a dog-bone with a hex-shaft (for a wrench) in the middle of it. As you twist the inner area, it expands the two end or retracts them. The you lock down the jam nuts on each side to keep the inner area from moving around. Take a look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQitemZ8071777531QQrdZ1 Mine is like this only made by SPC.

hmm, seems like a good idea. i remember my friends and i bought our camber kits back in 2000 and went "wtf, they're just bolts and washers" hahaha.

6 years does make a diff. in the selection of mods back then ahha

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
IntegraXTR said:
hmm, seems like a good idea. i remember my friends and i bought our camber kits back in 2000 and went "wtf, they're just bolts and washers" hahaha.

6 years does make a diff. in the selection of mods back then ahha
Yeah, on my Civic the aligment was out after lowering in the rear. I thought I had to buy a kit and one of the mechanics pulled out some washers and bolts. I was like WTF! But it worked. Now I see those kits for like $80+ and think about how people are getting ripped off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
quikflip27 said:
they arent that hard. just get in on a jack and replace. but as for alighnment, id just take it to someplace and theyll adjust it for you. where in socal are you? some places here (super autobacs is one) have lifetime alignment deals
quikflip

near superautbacs? lol where do you live im located like 25minutes away from there....should get together sometime and help me out with my LS :D need some more car heads around herre

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use ace hardware nuts bolts to align my rear wheels, just take ur originals bolts to the hardware store and have them help you find the right bold and washers for it, make sure you get stainless steel, works great for me! :w00t

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
aziankenshin said:
near superautbacs? lol where do you live im located like 25minutes away from there....should get together sometime and help me out with my LS :D need some more car heads around herre
hmm, apparently your ccloser than i am i live near closer to irvine, where are you located? try to make it to the socal summer sho meet, that thing is gunna be pretty big if everyone goes...lots of car heads for ya!
quikflip

·
Registered
71 Posts
quikflip27 said:
hmm, apparently your ccloser than i am i live near closer to irvine, where are you located? try to make it to the socal summer sho meet, that thing is gunna be pretty big if everyone goes...lots of car heads for ya!
quikflip
sounnds goood... PM if anything goes down.. im never updated on these kind of stuff =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.