Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've changed the fluid on my camaro's and trucks in the past but not on the element yet. i just had the dealership do the tranny service and they suggested to change the rear diff. fluid, they offered to do it for $90. so i bought the fluid while there and decided to do it myself. have n e of u guys changed yours yet and do u have any pointers or even the repair manual specs?? n e and all advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in case n e 1 was wandering. the rear differential has 2 square 3/8 head bolts on the left side of it. a 3/8 socket wrench fits perfectly. there is an upper and lower bolt. the lower for draining and the upper for filling. the filling part can be difficult w/out a plan. i used a 1 quart funnel(commonly used to fill transmission fluid) with 5 feet of tubing. my wife held the funnel down low while i put the other end of the tube into the fill hole and she raised the funnel up high to fill. the rear diff held 1 and 1/4 quart. i used honda fluid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.