Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to this fourm and i did try to see if anyone had posted this thread but it is so long and i got to like page five so i just gave up and decided to post this question....ikay with all the babble out of the way....i just picked up a 1993 honda civic hatchback cx with the d15y8 engine with a/c but no power....now i want to do a rear disc conversion to it but i was wondering if i had to pull it off of an si hatchback or could i use the ones off of a coupe or sedan of either the same year or 1992-1995? thank you very much for answering my question (i know a lot about accords and preludes just stiil learning about civics)

craig

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
any 92-00 civic rear discs will work, just make sure to get all the parts you'll need. also any 94-00 integras will work as well, maybe the older ones too, but i'm not 100% on that

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
yup... any 92-00 civic or 94-01 teg will work. also read the link in my sig. you will also need the apropriate prop valve and possibly master cylinder and booster to have everything working properly.

However having done the rear disc conversion myself, I'd recommend you put your money elsewhere. Upgrade your fronts to integra or civic ex fronts. Adding rear discs will do very little to improve your braking.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
kommon_sense said:
yup...
...Adding rear discs will do very little to improve your braking.
but it looks soo much better than drums :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
thats a good link
do you need to have the master cylinder from a teg or can you get by with the civic master cylinder?

·
Registered
372 Posts
kommon_sense said:
yup... any 92-00 civic or 94-01 teg will work. also read the link in my sig. you will also need the apropriate prop valve and possibly master cylinder and booster to have everything working properly.

However having done the rear disc conversion myself, I'd recommend you put your money elsewhere. Upgrade your fronts to integra or civic ex fronts. Adding rear discs will do very little to improve your braking.
they may or may not do a whole lot to improve your braking power, but if you are going to be doing any autocrossing or other driving which would cause your brakes to heat up, disc brakes dissipate heat a lot more effieciently than drums and more performance will come from that in heavy driving situations.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
ricertypeR said:
they may or may not do a whole lot to improve your braking power, but if you are going to be doing any autocrossing or other driving which would cause your brakes to heat up, disc brakes dissipate heat a lot more effieciently than drums and more performance will come from that in heavy driving situations.
a lot of serious road racers keep the rear drums because they don't make a big enough difference and the drums weight less. I like my rear discs, but knowing what I know now, they would be the absolute last thing that I would have done to improve my braking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.