Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
ImPo Skyline said:
Rear shoes should be replaced depending on your driving habits. I'd say safely every 20k.
Are you insane? 20k miles??? That's way overkill. Your shoes should last a lot longer than the front pads since they hardly do any work, and the pads should last at least 45K if not a lot longer (my sister went to over 60K miles without changing the front pads). I can't give an exact number, but definitely a lot longer than 20K miles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
gmusquiz said:
Are you insane? 20k miles??? That's way overkill. Your shoes should last a lot longer than the front pads since they hardly do any work, and the pads should last at least 45K if not a lot longer (my sister went to over 60K miles without changing the front pads). I can't give an exact number, but definitely a lot longer than 20K miles.
Maybe not EVERY 20k, but I'd at least check them regularly.

I'd like to add that waiting until things go bad will just end up costing you more money.

BamaAccord said:
How difficult is it to do brake work for novice/intermediate/expert level mechanics, specifically rear drum brake work?
A Novice would be able to to disk pads with little problem. I doubt a novice would be able to do drums nor master cly and bleeding.

A intermediate would be able to do almost everything with little problem. They may need some help with fluid tasks.

An expert will do brakes quick style. In the field, Brake work is considered "Cake work".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.