Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, i have the w-type kit, but my rear lip was sagging from the middle of the rear bumper, so i removed it...it seems the mounting tape didnt hold so well and im looking for a good way to mount this so its really flush and wont go anywhere...i live in toronto and it snows here and i drive my car all year round...any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated...btw im kinda broke now since school is on and i would like to do this cheapest way possible...thx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a w-type rear lip for my 97...im looking into seeing what kind of bracket i can make to hold it in there...i have the complete kit so i dont really want to sell it...ive tried some stuff called goo...but it didnt work...couldnt find anything that was specifically made for bumpers as someone mentioned to me in another board

·
Registered
130 Posts
if u do it on your own, you could always to back to the dealer and ask for the rear brackets, or take it to a body shop and have them do it, but i understand your low on budget

·
Registered
217 Posts
there sould be holes left in the stock bumper so drill som lil holes in the lip and attah it taht way

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update...tomorrow im taking it to my neighbours shop so he is gonna basically mold them together...but not like smooth or anything, just on for good using some sort of bonding system...cost is 150 canadian pesos...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you screw the tab underneath in the middle of the lip to the underside of the car? I put 4 self tapping screws that came with the kit into the tab and it does not sag at all. The tab is used to make sure only the tape is not supporting the entire weight of the lip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts