Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already installed speakers in the doors, and would like to put some new 6 1/2s in the speakers by the rear window. How do I get the panels off? I really don't wanna accidentaly break a latch or something.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
nbboy7 said:
frist you yank the center grey panel off. It won't breck just pull slow. Then there be two philips screws in each of the speaker cover then they come off.

Exactly, shouldnt take you long. When you take off the gry panel do it slowly and pull it off evenly, you dont want to get it on the corners. good luck.

Which speakers BTW?

·
Registered
406 Posts
the del sol didnt come with rear speakers? i bought mine and someone
installed a very clean and professional looking job of speakers on the doors
and tweeters on the windshield pillars. they also installed two tweeters underneath the rear window near the side of the sets, under those are the rear speakers. i thought the del sol came with rear speakers and the speakers on the door.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was gonna get the Rockford Fosgate component set. Would the tweeters go better directly above the speaker, or maybe mounted on the rear pillar. Prolly gonna replace the door speaks with the same.

·
Registered
406 Posts
my rear tweeters are right about the rears, they are kenwood all the way around, sounds really nice

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have 4 alpine type s 6.5"s all around. ran with a 560 watt 4 channel mtx thunder amp.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats wierd cause i have a 93 s version with rear speakers

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a 93 si and didnt came with the speakers in the back , and i opened the panels and there aint signs there was speakers, but i wanna put 2 12 in the trunk would it sound good ? many pple tell me its doesnt so i just wanna check out , cuz i really like the bum bum bum

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
chucho0501 said:
cuz i really like the bum bum bum

HAHA....that really cracks me up....not really sure why

subs in the trunk are gunna sound bad because ther is a firewall between the trunk and you

but if you like the buzzzzump then go for it in the rear :ninja

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.