Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car in to get some rust in the trunk removed. It was above the passenger side rear wheel. When I got my car back, I started it up in gear with the parking brake on :( I always leave my car in neutral, and didn't think that these guys would leave it in gear. So I just start it up again, but as I'm driving I notice a squealing sound coming from the passenger side rear wheel. Now I don't know if its my fault b/c of what I did, or if they did something when fixing the rust there. When I accelerate in a straight line, you could barely hear it. When I slow down by braking or letting it roll, the sound gets louder and louder until I'm about to stop; then its a long screech and stops. Any ideas what it could be? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
did you drive with the parking brake up? that could be the problem, or one of your rear calipers is sticking

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
is it squeeling all of the time?? like right after you accelerate, or does it go away??-could be that the pad is just barely touching the rotor, but just enough to squeel with no significant loss in power

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
its just my hunch that a caliper is hanging up. do you have rear disc or drum??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.